Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm living at home for uni... I have an iMac at home.

Is the iPad Air/pro good enough for lectures etc and making notes. Office 365 means I can edit documents on the iPad and they will update on the iMac. Will an iPad be a pain and will I be restricted?

Thank you in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd just not bother to be honest, most people write their notes on paper. If you really want to go for a tablet then get something like a Surface Pro or a Lenovo Yoga instead as that will save you getting/needing both a laptop and a tablet.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by deano321)

Is the iPad Air/pro good enough for lectures etc and making notes. Office 365 means I can edit documents on the iPad and they will update on the iMac. Will an iPad be a pain and will I be restricted?

Thank you in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello

This post makes me extremely happy! I've been through a couple of threads where people ask about stationary and what's best and I told them I ended up getting an iPad Mini during my First Year and it was the best decision I ever made.

In my opinion iPad's definitely do not restrict what you can do in lectures, personally, I believe it enhances what you can do. When I got mine I downloaded Word, Dropbox and RefMe. I was able to write my documents/notes on Word and transfer them to Dropbox or Air Drop them to my iMac and have everything accessible easily - also, if I wanted to record a lecture I could do so whilst taking notes and search the internet, all whilst sitting there in lecture - also meant I could send emails in lecture if I needed too and what not - it just made lectures so much easier and like I said, personally, the best decision I'd ever made! So, there you go!

Also about 80% of my class had iPads so everyone could transfer each other notes really easily!

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustGeorgeJ)
    Hello

This post makes me extremely happy! I've been through a couple of threads where people ask about stationary and what's best and I told them I ended up getting an iPad Mini during my First Year and it was the best decision I ever made.

In my opinion iPad's definitely do not restrict what you can do in lectures, personally, I believe it enhances what you can do. When I got mine I downloaded Word, Dropbox and RefMe. I was able to write my documents/notes on Word and transfer them to Dropbox or Air Drop them to my iMac and have everything accessible easily - also, if I wanted to record a lecture I could do so whilst taking notes and search the internet, all whilst sitting there in lecture - also meant I could send emails in lecture if I needed too and what not - it just made lectures so much easier and like I said, personally, the best decision I'd ever made! So, there you go!

Also about 80% of my class had iPads so everyone could transfer each other notes really easily!

Hope this helps
    Could I ask you how you take notes? I have an iPad but it's literally always been used for Netflix.

Do you type on screen / use one of those little keyboard things / write on it?

Also mines only 16gb, will I be restricted?

ReputationRep:

Thank you in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would advise that you get an air as the pro is an unwieldy lump to move
    I mean it doesn't fit in my messenger bag so I didn't buy it in the end I just kept the air I already had

ReputationRep:

Thank you in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At my future uni most people write with their laptops or their tablets, but I assume it depends in that case. If you don't plan to study outside your house, your good. Otherwise, for the price of an iPad, just get a lower-end/middle-class Windows laptop.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.