Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, there's this girl i really like, and i was just about to ask her out for the movies or a drink or something, but i just found out she has a boyfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: all my friends say i should look for someone else, but i really really like this girl, and just wondering what you guys think? and if anyone has been in a similar situation, what happened to you and what did you do? by the way, im 18 and she's 17...

ReputationRep:
    Well you have two options: make her fall madly in love with you or wait.
    I suggest the latter.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should leave it. We all like people we can't have, you just have to grit your teeth and move on.

ReputationRep:
    Leave it, if you really like her be happy for her that shes happy, if you try and get involved it will cause un happiness.

move on and find someone else. do some more background next time too
    its a sucky situation though

ReputationRep:
    I'll try to list all your options...

1) Beat up her boyfriend so he can make you look bad in front of her. She'll hate you for beating him up.
    2) Get beat up by her boyfriend. She'll worry about his feelings more than your pain.
    3) Wait patiently for a miracle. Fat chance.
    4) Find someone else.
    5) Buy a turtle and raise it.
    6) Force her into submission and get dragged off to prison.
    7) Beg for her to love you and be humiliated over and over again.
    8) Who needs love when you have TSR?

ReputationRep:
    Tis a crappy situation to be in, but you don't want to be seen as the bad guy in all this. Coming up with some diabolical scheme to woo her away from her man might sound tempting but usually ends badly, your usually still alone.
    If you really like her then you will have to go on liking her as nothing more than a friend, which isn't easy but what else can you do?
    If she ever does become single and you do still fancy her then go for it but until then go find some other pretty lady!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's hard but you will have to move on and back off.

ReputationRep:
    It's difficult. You can either wait for her whilst being a friend to her or you could just move on and admit defeat.

ReputationRep:
    Flirt with all of her friends.

ReputationRep:
    Hire a hitman to take out her existing BF, and then comfort her, and move in on his territory, and become the alpha male. Problem sorted. Although there may be a few legal ramifications

ReputationRep:
    If you try and interfere in her relationship then she wont appreciate it.
    I would just leave it/wait.
    Plenty of other fish in the sea

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.