Turn on thread page Beta

Problem understanding notation in RHB maths for physics textbook watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Right at the beginning of 1.1.3 (properties of roots) page 9. i dont know how to use latex, sorry, but if anyones got the book on them and could explain it to me, it would me much appreciated. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I don't have the book but might be able to help. What does the symbol look like? Or perhaps you could scan the page.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean the product notation (looks like a big straight Pi) or the double sum? Or do you want it all explained?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maya)
    Do you mean the product notation (looks like a big straight Pi) or the double sum? Or do you want it all explained?
    All of it. How do you derive the a_o from the 3 polynomial forms? Im totally stuck there. And i dont understand equations 1.12, 1.13 or 1.14 either. In the preface it said im suppose to know this stuff from A-level:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Please?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 16, 2007

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.