Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am an EU student and I applied for the Postgraduate Loan in June. I have now received a letter asking me to send my "original valid passport".

Does that mean they need my actual passport? I understand it will be returned but I will need it to fly to London in September and I don't feel comfortable not knowing when I will get it back. How long do they take to send it back?

Thank you in advance.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by silverpeace)
    I am an EU student and I applied for the Postgraduate Loan in June. I have now received a letter asking me to send my "original valid passport".

Does that mean they need my actual passport? I understand it will be returned but I will need it to fly to London in September and I don't feel comfortable not knowing when I will get it back. How long do they take to send it back?

Thank you in advance.
    Hi, yes we require the original actual passport. If you are travelling within the next 6 weeks we advise you not to send it until you get to the UK. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I sent my passport with courier service and I spoke with Student Finance on Wednesday they told me they have received it on Monday.
    Now I see on my account there is a tick next to the declaration form I sent with my passport but not on the evidence step which was my passport. There is a new letter to me titled "missing evidence" that says they still need my passport. I tried ringing SFE several times today but they are not answering. I am furious and I am worried. On Wednesday they told me they were checking it and would send it back on Thursday (yesterday) and I should call back for the recorded delivery number. What is going on??
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by silverpeace)
    I sent my passport with courier service and I spoke with Student Finance on Wednesday they told me they have received it on Monday.
    Now I see on my account there is a tick next to the declaration form I sent with my passport but not on the evidence step which was my passport. There is a new letter to me titled "missing evidence" that says they still need my passport. I tried ringing SFE several times today but they are not answering. I am furious and I am worried. On Wednesday they told me they were checking it and would send it back on Thursday (yesterday) and I should call back for the recorded delivery number. What is going on??
    Hi,

If you give our team a call on 0300 100 0607, they will be able to see if your passport has been sent back to you.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.