Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a little bit freaked out. I go to college and I have an Instagram account, although it is a travel-based one as I am a travel blogger and I do not associate myself personally with the account (i.e. I don't post selfies, I don't include my surname on the website).
    I am friends with a girl who goes to another college. She used to be in this group but for some reason they've all started blanking her and basically they are no longer friends at all. This group go to my college. I did know them but never liked them or hung out with them, except for the odd occasion. I heard through the grapevine that one of the guys in the group 'didn't like me', but his twin brother had a little obsession with me and kept declaring his love for me (I did not feel the same way).
    Ever since they fell out with my friend, he has started following me on my account and I don't know how he knows its me, and he likes all of my pictures within ten seconds of me posting, whether day or night.
    Given that he doesn't like me, blanks my friends, scuttles past me without a glance if I see him at college, and I rejected his twin brother, is it not a bit weird and creepy that he does this?
    Should I be aware of alterior motives or do you just think he is a weirdo?
    My friend believes he is doing it in order to make her mad, as in "I'm liking this girls photos who I don't even like, yet I'm not liking yours and I know you" type of thing, but I think that is too far-fetched and immature.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by javvyjingle)
    I'm a little bit freaked out. I go to college and I have an Instagram account, although it is a travel-based one as I am a travel blogger and I do not associate myself personally with the account (i.e. I don't post selfies, I don't include my surname on the website).
    I am friends with a girl who goes to another college. She used to be in this group but for some reason they've all started blanking her and basically they are no longer friends at all. This group go to my college. I did know them but never liked them or hung out with them, except for the odd occasion. I heard through the grapevine that one of the guys in the group 'didn't like me', but his twin brother had a little obsession with me and kept declaring his love for me (I did not feel the same way).
    Ever since they fell out with my friend, he has started following me on my account and I don't know how he knows its me, and he likes all of my pictures within ten seconds of me posting, whether day or night.
    Given that he doesn't like me, blanks my friends, scuttles past me without a glance if I see him at college, and I rejected his twin brother, is it not a bit weird and creepy that he does this?
    Should I be aware of alterior motives or do you just think he is a weirdo?
    My friend believes he is doing it in order to make her mad, as in "I'm liking this girls photos who I don't even like, yet I'm not liking yours and I know you" type of thing, but I think that is too far-fetched and immature.
    It's a little weird, but there's nothing to suggest he has any awful motives behind what he's doing. He just likes you. He probably gets notifications from each time you post to Instagram straight to his phone, making it very easy to quickly interact with the post. As for how he found out, things like that just get around. You could've even showed up on his suggested to follow list and he figured it out because you were posting photos of places he'd heard you'd been to. He either likes you, or he's trying to make someone jealous. Either way, don't worry about it too much

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.