Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Apologies if there is a thread about this, when searching I couldn't find anything🤔

However, does anyone have any stories or anything they were not expecting when they attended their selection at Glencorse?

I've been given my dates for the 12th of September up until the 14th

ReputationRep:
    Nope you just realize there was no need to worry when you look at some of the retards around you that have turned up with an attitude problem and are cheeky to the Directing Staff, those who haven't done any fitness training, those without the ability to work together and solve the simple team task, without even bothering to research the location, history, role or equipment of the regiment/corps that they plan on joining, without practicing their icebreaker or those that had a complete inability to stand up for two minutes and speak to people without sounding like they are autistic. The only unexpected challenge was the foot and a half of snow on the ground as we did our 1.5 Miler round and round the parade square because the usual route was to icy.

Seriously though as long as you prepare properly, do your research, remain interested and respectful then you should fly through selection without any dramas or surprises. They won't throw random challenge in there if that's what you are worried about.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by Eleanorrrrr)
    Apologies if there is a thread about this, when searching I couldn't find anything🤔

However, does anyone have any stories or anything they were not expecting when they attended their selection at Glencorse?

I've been given my dates for the 12th of September up until the 14th
    Have you checked out our new assessment centre video?

ReputationRep:
    Be fitter than the minimum standards and confident on your ice breaker and command tasks and you'll do just fine.Generally, the Army is struggling to recruit and retain people. Passing selection, or basic training for that matter isn't as hard as it once was.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.