The Student Room Group

Tinder and its contradictions. Why do you use it?

Different people use Tinder for different reasons but I was wondering why you use it?

The way I see it is to use it to perhaps start seeing somebody Im interested in. Now if I meet a female and we get along there is a very high chance by the next time we meet one or both of us may have been on another date or been speaking to several other people. Doesnt that defeat the purpose?

I'd feel like I'm doing something wrong by seeing somebody else if I know this girl is clearly interested in me but its 2016 and that doesnt seem to matter because she's probably seeing other people too. Theres almost a pecking order.

Tinder is almost a competitive environment where people have to stand out in a way to get other people's attention but you're not exactly being yourself in that situation too.

So most people have put on a fake personality in hopes to get things kicked off with somebody else, but at the same time are talking to several other people and seeing several other people so its impossible to build any sort of relationship.

I just wanted your opinions on the app

*Btw ladies please never ever ask "What do you do again?" "Where do you live again?" "Where are you from again?"
Hands down THE biggest offput for me and all you've done is ruin it for yourself because ive now entered the game with you too where it will eventually end up with me spreading my attention across other people (like yourself), us in bed and me walking away/losing interest a very short time afterwards because it just looks like youre attempting to juggle all the information given to you from the guys you've been talking to and just shows you're lack of genuine interest. But hey, that might even be what you want lol!
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

because I have good looks and a terrible personality.
Reply 2
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
because I have good looks and a terrible personality.

I'm the opposite. Hence why I don't use it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
I'm the opposite. Hence why I don't use it

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh lard-dee-dar with his good personalty here, some of us are *******s and we can't even help it
Reply 4
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
oh lard-dee-dar with his good personalty here, some of us are *******s and we can't even help it

And you with your lavish looks. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Because the odds on me actually approaching a 10/10 in real life are almost as low as the pound coin post-brexit, whereas tinder is a bit easier to get a conversation started.
Original post by UWS
And you with your lavish looks. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

when I'm 40 my future wife will divorce me
This tinder is inspiring me to make tinder, no clue why :redface:
Tinder is ****.
I used it for a few weeks after heartbreak, just because a friend felt that I needed a self-esteem boost. Didn't meet anyone from there because they seemed to have sexual intentions, and I was too afraid to try something like that with somebody that I had just met.
I go on it to get laid.

Spoiler

Even though I did not and still don't like the idea of just hooking-up with people on Tinder, my friend insisted for me to try it out.

So I had that intention of just talking to people and seeing where things go.

But I did not expect to find my ideal guy who is now my current boyfriend from that app.

Moral of the story, not everyone who uses the app have the same intentions and some are actually good. It would be more beneficial, if you ask the person what their intentions are to filter what you need and don't need.

Most importantly, BE YOURSELF in order to attract the right people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Seems like more of an ego thing to me, but it works for some people
I dont like the concept of meeting people online, thats not for me for many reasons.
Original post by natalie427
I dont like the concept of meeting people online, thats not for me for many reasons.

OH NO A HUMAN ON TSR

*leaves the site*
Original post by babyshawte
Even though I did not and still don't like the idea of just hooking-up with people on Tinder, my friend insisted for me to try it out.

So I had that intention of just talking to people and seeing where things go.

But I did not expect to find my ideal guy who is now my current boyfriend from that app.

Moral of the story, not everyone who uses the app have the same intentions and some are actually good. It would be more beneficial, if you ask the person what their intentions are to filter what you need and don't need.

Most importantly, BE YOURSELF in order to attract the right people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds like a sexy smart mate with outrageous looks to me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Met my boyfriend on it almost 3 years ago. I had originally downloaded it after a breakup and this was when it was pretty new and EVERYONE had it - I just found it a fun game to flick through the photos to be honest. I never intended to meet anyone on there. I did meet up with 2 people in the end (the second of those being my boyfriend). I wasn't talking to anyone else on there when we met because we had been texting for about a week and I already knew I liked him enough to lay off tinder until we met - after our first date It was sort of just unsaid that neither of us really went on there again.*
Because I get 20 odd matches a day hence it's easy as **** if I want a hook up or wanting to date
Back when I did use it I wasn't particularly attracted to any girls I knew so I figured I'd branch out a bit, see if I could get to know some more people, see what happened.

When before I got it I wasn't aware that you could only use it by having it linked to your facebook profile, and my facebook is not really designed for looking attractive (my profile pic looks like a cactus is being inserted into my rectum tbh). That combined with me apparently being a lot pickier than the average tinder-using male meant I got 1 match and it ran out of profiles to show me in a 150km radius.
I downloaded it a couple of months after my last (and first) relationship ended because I've never really had much interest from men, my ex aside, and I needed a bit of a confidence boost about my looks. I have had quite a few matches but I find talking to people on it an effort, which to me says I should take a step back from dating for a bit longer yet, or I just haven't met the right person on it. I'm quite quiet unless I'm with someone I can hold a conversation with and I find it awkward if I can't - being behind a phone is different and I'm terrified that I'll meet up with someone and we'll struggle to find things to talk about in person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending