Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi all,

I am going to a fairly small, local music festival in a few weeks and it states that there may be bag searches on arrival. Only around 3000-5000 people go each year so its not huge but you are allowed to take your own booze provided you are over 18.

I am 17 and going with my 3 friends who are also 17 but we are literally 2 months off 18 so its INFURIATING! Do you reckon they would search bags and if so, how thoroughly? How can I hide my cans and plastic bottles? No glass allowed.

I've spoke to people who went last year who said there was hardly any searches but I'm not 100% convinced. Does anyone have any experience of bag searches at festivals?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi all,

I am going to a fairly small, local music festival in a few weeks and it states that there may be bag searches on arrival. Only around 3000-5000 people go each year so its not huge but you are allowed to take your own booze provided you are over 18.

I am 17 and going with my 3 friends who are also 17 but we are literally 2 months off 18 so its INFURIATING! Do you reckon they would search bags and if so, how thoroughly? How can I hide my cans and plastic bottles? No glass allowed.

I've spoke to people who went last year who said there was hardly any searches but I'm not 100% convinced. Does anyone have any experience of bag searches at festivals?
    In my experience, they check every bag quickly and move on to the next. They'll ask you to move things around if it's full so they can see better, and depending on the security and the event they may sometimes put their hand in and feel around. If you can hide it, you can hide it, but there's no guarantee they won't find it. Underage is still underage, so they will confiscate anything they find
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    In my experience, they check every bag quickly and move on to the next. They'll ask you to move things around if it's full so they can see better, and depending on the security and the event they may sometimes put their hand in and feel around. If you can hide it, you can hide it, but there's no guarantee they won't find it. Underage is still underage, so they will confiscate anything they find
    Which festival did you have his experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    I went to a local music festival called Splendour. They checked all of the bags, confiscated all cans and bottles. They had a real good look
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by GeorgeB16)
    Which festival did you have his experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A similarly sized one called Richmond Live, except they don't allow alcohol in from outside at all so confiscate that but not soft drinks but trust me they check that it's not alcohol well. I've found the same at concerts of all sizes as well

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi all,

When i went to truck festival (similar size, i think, small fest), they barely checked. my friends got in litres of cider, cans etc. as long as you hide it beneath clothes or something, i don't think they'll be able to feel it when they press the bags!

(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    A similarly sized one called Richmond Live, except they don't allow alcohol in from outside at all so confiscate that but not soft drinks but trust me they check that it's not alcohol well. I've found the same at concerts of all sizes as well
    Well I spoke to people who went last year so I know roughly what to expect now

(Original post by anonymous)
    when i went to truck festival (similar size, i think, small fest), they barely checked. My friends got in litres of cider, cans etc. As long as you hide it beneath clothes or something, i don't think they'll be able to feel it when they press the bags!
    i hope s0! :d

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.