Unexpectedly good hobbies?

Watch
AlexJWise
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I just wanted to ask generally if anybody has ever tried a hobby that they didn't expect to be enjoyable but actually ended up sticking with it?

I've tried a few hobbies in recent times and just can't seem to find one that I really enjoy! Would love a little inspiration.
GUMI
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't know if working out is a hobby, I thought I wouldn't enjoy it but it's pretty enjoyable
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Going to see football matches. Not something I do often and I'm not a die-hard fan, but as someone who went to a school where a lot of people were interested in it and it never seem to interest me, I was pleasantly surprised at how... good it is to be there. It also gives me an excuse to travel to Europe if a team I like is playing in a european competition, and I've already seen a few nice countries thanks to that.
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The only thing I'm good at is procrastinating and switching between the same 3 apps for hours
lydialeneghan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
knitting! I learnt it so I could include it in my art project, and it turns out that it's so fun
Dusky Mauve
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've recently bought some brush pens and I'm playing about with lettering and calligraphy. Really enjoying it!
Anonymous #1
Report 4 years ago
Sucking toes yummy
DavidYorkshireFTW
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Playing Poker
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
31.17%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.34%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.43%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (40)
25.97%

Watched Threads