Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Got a problem watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    SO i have been applying for jobs and it has become evident that they want be from september onwards
    however, I am going to uni, which is in a small town so job prospects are small and i need money desperately (may have to turn to sex work at this stage)
    Shall I just lie and say im staying in london and then give my notice or ask for a transfer?

ReputationRep:
    Were you joking about the sex work? If you were serious feel free to hmu
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Iwouldliketoknow)
    SO i have been applying for jobs and it has become evident that they want be from september onwards
    however, I am going to uni, which is in a small town so job prospects are small and i need money desperately (may have to turn to sex work at this stage)
    Shall I just lie and say im staying in london and then give my notice or ask for a transfer?
    The employer might not take kindly to lying. And they might not let you have a transfer so soon after starting.
    You could apply to somewhere like mcdonalds though, where you can just go back in the holidays when you are back from uni.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually offered you a job? *

ReputationRep:
    Why not apply for places that have student transfer programmes? Tesco do, if you apply you can easily explain at interview stage or ring the shop prior to filling in an application and ask if they're after any temp staff. Tesco have temporary jobs online listed so you don't exactly have to ring up. However, someone came into our store at the beginning of the week to express they needed a temporary job before uni and our manager was lovely and gave them 8 hours a week! It pays to ring around.. especially the smaller stores!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simonthegreat)
    Has anyone actually offered you a job? *
    no
    :'(

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.