Turn on thread page Beta

Completed first year but want to change course? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone in the same boat as me and havent enjoyed there first year at uni and now want to change course to something completely different at maybe the same uni or a different one?

I was wondering if anyone can provide help or advice on what to do next as i'm not sure if i will have to go through ucas and clearing or what...

cheers

ReputationRep:
    If it is the same university then it DOES NOT involve UCAS.

You will need to have a discussion with your personal tutor, head of your present department and someone high up at the department you want to go to. Once you have their agreement (the department you want to go to has places), then you should be able to turn up next year on your new course.

Any problems, ask in your students union

ReputationRep:
    Changing course within the same uni will be a lot easier and won't involve UCAS. Different unis probably have different procedures, so arrange a meeting with your personal tutor and find out what you need to do. If you want to change unis as well, you'll need to reapply through UCAS since you'll be starting again from scratch. You'll need to submit your application ASAP, then UCAS will send you a Clearing passport and you can start applying to unis when Clearing starts on A-level results day on 16th August. In the meantime, it might be an idea to check what was in Clearing last year by using the stickied thread at the top of this forum, what was in Extra this year by searching on the UCAS website and maybe contacting some unis directly to ask how likely they are to take you.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.