Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I desperately need to get a wireless connection but can't decide which company to go for. I think Sky could be good but I have heard alot of negative stuff about their broadband and wireless service.

Which do you have? Why?

ReputationRep:
    Yup, you can make any pretty much any broadband service wirelessly accessible around the house by simply purchasing a wireless router and some wireless cards.

ReputationRep:
    if you want a simple and easy one, use bt total broadband. quite cheap aswell, £13 a month i think. free home hub, which is already set up. and you can get bt vision to go with it, which is a freeview box that can revord and download stuff.

never had any problems in 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    20mbit Virgin Cable at uni, ~8mbit PlusNet ADSL at home, ~8mbit BT Business ADSL in the office i'm on placement at.

If you can get cable, go for that. You get far more for your money since there is only 1 company involved, especially if you knock down the price.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.