anti depressants Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
i've been feeling quite depressed for a while now, but especially for the past 5 months. i attempted suicide in April of this year through an overdose, mainly due to a variety of things that had gone on in my past aswell as my current relationship. yesterday i started feeling very suicidal again and was thinking about repeating the overdose but this time doing it 'properly', as it were. i've had counselling but have found it quite unsuccessful. my doctor said there was something he could prescribe me which was non addictive, and would bring the old me back and would 'soothe' me. does anyone know the exact name of the drug and could people give me some of the side effects of this anti depressant? thanks in advance,
hannah_dru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
How old are you OP? I ask because it could be a mild anti-depressant which is given to you before you reach 18. Before I was put on Escitalopram I was on Amitryptline which would supposedly help with anxiety & calm me down. Needless to say it didn't.

I would say to give it a shot though. Side effects vary from person to person. With me and any medication, I usually get the ones stated but unusual ones as well.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
i'm 19 atm.
Sorani
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
does anyone know the exact name of the drug and could people give me some of the side effects of this anti depressant?
It really depends on the anti-depressant and, as hannah_dru said, person to person. Generally they can make you slightly more depressed for about a week while they work in your system and it can vary between light headaches to stronger side-effects (from stronger anti-depressants) such as vomiting and diarrhea.

I imagine your doctor will give you fluoxetine (prozac) which as far as experience tells really doesn't give much side-effect wise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (627)
80.59%
Leave (151)
19.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise