Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to listen to music when you met the artist and it went wrong? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Never meet your heroes ?

I met an artist whose music I've adored for years, more than anything else. Like I seriously connected with it, though I listen to a lot of bands this artist is my all time favourite. I'd follow them through everything, their big festival performances, the release of every song.

Anyway, I went to meet them on this charity thing, had been counting down the days. Wasn't a regular meet and greet, they let me go backstage and all at the festival, just me. And then when I met them they were kind of blunt and rude... They tried being nice. A bit. I was a nervous wreck that didn't help. But yeah, I've never met a celebrity before and I suppose it left a sour taste seeing how uninterested and arrogant they were with the people they were working with. I couldn't get a photo because they had been in the rain, but I met them when they were dry and ready for stage.

She's really nice on camera, and her voice is just so amazing and there's nothing like it for me, it's like meditation listening to it. But now I can't listen to her music without feeling a little torn.

Petty issue first world .... But yeah?! How can I go back to before? I know it's music over artist any day, but this wasn't just any old artist for me. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginalLifelin)
    Never meet your heroes ?

I met an artist whose music I've adored for years, more than anything else. Like I seriously connected with it, though I listen to a lot of bands this artist is my all time favourite. I'd follow them through everything, their big festival performances, the release of every song.

Anyway, I went to meet them on this charity thing, had been counting down the days. Wasn't a regular meet and greet, they let me go backstage and all at the festival, just me. And then when I met them they were kind of blunt and rude... They tried being nice. A bit. I was a nervous wreck that didn't help. But yeah, I've never met a celebrity before and I suppose it left a sour taste seeing how uninterested and arrogant they were with the people they were working with. I couldn't get a hoot because they had been in the rain, but I met them when they were dry and ready for stage.

She's really nice on camera, and her voice is just so amazing and there's nothing like it for me, it's like meditation listening to it. But now I can't listen to her music without feeling a little torn.

Petty issue first world .... But yeah?! How can I go back to before? I know it's music over artist any day, but this wasn't just any old artist for me. :/
    who?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darryalar)
    who?
    I've left it anonymous on purpose. I'll message it to you on private though?

ReputationRep:
    ok

ReputationRep:
    You have to remember that music is a product and nothing more*.
    *in the vast majority of mainstream cases anyway

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter? They're a public figure

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think I'd want to give them any bad publicity ( yes even a TSR post that like 10 people max will read) . The people working for them were really nice, and music is a business

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd want to give them any bad publicity ( yes even a TSR post that like 10 people max will read) . The people working for them were really nice, and music is a business
    Why should you hide the fact that someone's a douche?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexS101)
    You have to remember that music is a product and nothing more*.
    *in the vast majority of mainstream cases anyway
    A pretty great product though.

This person may be considered mainstream, but their music has depth ( like its inspired by books and paintings etc.)

ReputationRep:
    You're just going to have to get over it I'm afraid. Just because somebody makes music you appreciate, doesn't mean they're a nice person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Why should you hide the fact that someone's a douche?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I only met them for a few minutes so I can't really say they're entirely horrible... Plus most celebrities are pretty spoilt. Maybe that's a good way to continue liking their songs, remembering that others are similair ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.