Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to a club to celebrate the end of uni with some friends and we've already reserved some bottles which are going to cost us £200 altogether. We've decided to go a bit crazy since we rarely have the opportunity...

Do you think it's worth it?

ReputationRep:
    yep....especially if theres few of you to divide up the cost

ReputationRep:
    If you can afford it yeah. You only live once

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    I'm going to a club to celebrate the end of uni with some friends and we've already reserved some bottles which are going to cost us £200 altogether. We've decided to go a bit crazy since we rarely have the opportunity...

why are you celebratin the end of uni...isnt that a bad thing? no more student life?! id be crying
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    it is definatly worth it to celebrate the end of university which was a big part of you life. Different people celebrate in different ways, like go on holiday, but if thats the way you want to do it then have fun! and congrats!

ReputationRep:

personally i think getting drunk is over-rated - but i guess it depends how many friends are contributing towards the cost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    it is definatly worth it to celebrate the end of university which was a big part of you life. Different people celebrate in different ways, like go on holiday, but if thats the way you want to do it then have fun! and congrats!
    I didn't say this was the only way we're celebrating...a trip hasn't been ruled out.

(Original post by pikaboo)
    If you can afford it yeah. You only live once
    Also, you only get one liver.

ReputationRep:
    How many bottles, between how many friends?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseonthegrave)
    Also, you only get one liver.
    Also if you don't mind nasty hangovers then go for it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    How many bottles, between how many friends?
    The bottles cost £100 each. It's quite a classy place on the French coast. Loads of rich *******s, sons/daughters of politicians.
    So we'll be getting at least 2. At the moment, there are 5 of us.

Yes, we'll be drinking before the club, I assume...

By the way, I'm driving so there'll be hardly any drinking for me

ReputationRep:
    £200 is fine split between several people, especially on the right occasion. Though I don't think i'd spend £200 just on myself :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The bottles cost £100 each. It's quite a classy place on the French coast. Loads of rich *******s, sons/daughters of politicians.
    So we'll be getting at least 2. At the moment, there are 5 of us.

Yes, we'll be drinking before the club, I assume...

By the way, I'm driving so there'll be hardly any drinking for me
    The average guy wouldn't get drunk off 2/5 of a bottle of wine - let's just hope you get a bit tipsy at £100-a-pop!

The woe of the designated driver - two words - 'never me'.

Anyway, I can remember me and my mate being driven at breakneck speed by a pissed French guy whose house I was staying at (on an exchange). It was fun.

ReputationRep:
    i don't mind being the driver as long as i don't have to do it every time. i've done it every night this week though (and will do again tonight and saturday), just saves money on taxis and stuff for me and my bf

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i don't mind being the driver as long as i don't have to do it every time. i've done it every night this week though (and will do again tonight and saturday), just saves money on taxis and stuff for me and my bf

lou xxx
    I suppose it isn't too bad, although hardly anybody ever drives out when I go out (which in some ways is rather fortunate ).

I'm going out in about 3 hours though and I certainly won't be in any fit state to drive from about 9pm onwards.

ReputationRep:

it be brillant i know i do made things like that. but when i had some thing to celebrate i decided to book a bar and just had cocktails all night

mind you i did end up paying for it all and bar was dry at the end of the night, so it tookme a couple of weeks to pay him back

but it was worth it, you got to do it maybe not ot my extreme but it be fun

ReputationRep:

no - u are students, it's stupid

ReputationRep:
    The average guy wouldn't get drunk off 2/5 of a bottle of wine - let's just hope you get a bit tipsy at £100-a-pop!

Anyway, I can remember me and my mate being driven at breakneck speed by a pissed French guy whose house I was staying at (on an exchange). It was fun.
    It's not wine. Wine is 11° or 12° most of the time. It'll be vodka or rum or whatever, so 40 or 50°. And the club is way too expensive to get totally drunk there. We'd have to have half a bottle each just to start getting drunk.

I can't drive pissed though. There are policemen just waiting for you around the corner. I've been stopped too many times...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    no - u are students, it's stupid
    you're such a young disillusioned girl...

ReputationRep:

no.....well i would say that always!

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.