Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have been driving for 3 years now and lately I've made some stupid mistakes, as well as other stupid **** during these years.

The most recent is that in a multistorey car park, there were no spaces on level 2 and so I turned the car around with parked cars either side and I bumped a BMW when reversing. I panicked and drove off without leaving a note!

Not long after passing, I was getting tailgated on a country road and couldn't help but keep looking into the rear view mirror, then we came to a give way junction and I didn't realise! So I had no time to stop and took the chance of turning left. That could have ended in a high speed crash and still scares me today. Definitely the most dangerous moment of my life.

Another time, I rolling stopped at a junction near my house and it was clear, but then a car came zooming and I pulled out (out of panic) but really slowly as it made me anxious like I knew I shouldn't have gone, anyway the car overtook me on a residential road and he was so pissed off. I was scared and turned right before he could chase me lmao.

Other early mistakes include scraping a parked car's side, hitting a parked car mirror when driving past, and 2 times I have scraped the right bumper when entering and exiting my drive.

This makes me sound like a terrible driver but in general I'm safe and don't speed. I know I shouldn't have all of these errors in just 3 years but **** happens and I wanna own up to it.

So how long have you been driving and what are your mistakes?

ReputationRep:
    Just sounds like you need to pay more attention and be more observant tbh. I made a few silly observation or panic-based mistakes when I was still new but I've been driving for 3 years now and I don't really make any real mistakes, in fact at least once a week I find myself having to react to avoid being a victim of someone else' mistake and wondering how these people are even allowed on the road. My absolute worst habit is being a chronic speeder and being a bit aggressive when pulling out, but not to the extent that I've been beeped at or force others to slow down.

ReputationRep:
    Just turned three years in June.

Clipped a couple of curbs.
    Had a blow-out on the motorway at 70mph - isn't really my fault.
    I still look for two car parking spaces together so I can drive in without issue, hahaha.
    I speed more than I should.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.