Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Most scared you've ever been? watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Might be interesting to see what horrors people have endured..

Personally, when I was in India a group of us rented motorbikes in Jaipur and went around for the day on them, towards evening we headed back and returned them bar me and another chap who went racing in the storm drains. About half an hour later we were heading down a main road and I lost him and before I knew what had happened I was on the motorway heading out of the city with no clue how to get back and no working phone... Finally managed to find some nice local who had a phone and could call the shop which had rented me the bike and eventually I managed to find my way back .. after getting trapped in a cul-de-sac and abused by some local teens . The most terrified experience of my life I must confess.

Although only slightly ahead of when I was rather non compos mentis on Morphine in Hospital and endured two weeks of frankly horrifying delusions of being tortured by the staff, I apparently ended up having my hands shackled after trying to beat away the nurse I was under the impression was torturing me.. Some rather awkward apologies when I regained my faculties :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    when i saw my overweight aunt naked
    it was like kathy bates in about schmidt
    i almost did a wilhelm scream
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nearly getting robbed by some guy with a knife? I don't have much scary events..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    Nearly getting robbed by some guy with a knife? I don't have much scary events..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aye that happened to me a few years ago in London, not the most fun experience I must say..

ReputationRep:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Napp)
    Aye that happened to me a few years ago in London, not the most fun experience I must say..
    Yup London :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    Relatable

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Probably during the 2010 Chile Earthquake. It was a magnitude 8.8 so it was very very strong, and it was in the middle of the night at like 4am. My mother had run to my room shouting, telling me to get up and get under the door frame and I literally could not stand up from my bed. It was like being in a dream where the world is spinning around you, except this was real life and I could not stand up without falling down for the first like 10 seconds. I finally balanced myself and managed to get through to the other side of the room, and just as I walked out the doorway a massive block of concrete fell from the ceiling onto the floor right next to me which, had i taken half a second more, would've fallen directly on my head and knocked me out. We huddled under the door frame and I remember looking down the hallway, absolutely pitch black, cups, plates, vases, frames falling onto the floor and shattering into millions of pieces.. the overwhelming clatter and sheer volume of the quake itself, of the building shaking, of the things smashing, and knowing absolutely nothing about what was happening, having never experienced something like that in my life, it was absolutely terrifying and i was utterly shaken to the core, I was only 10, too.. that's probably the most scared I've ever been.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Settle)
    Probably during the 2010 Chile Earthquake. It was a magnitude 8.8 so it was very very strong, and it was in the middle of the night at like 4am. My mother had run to my room shouting, telling me to get up and get under the door frame and I literally could not stand up from my bed. It was like being in a dream where the world is spinning around you, except this was real life and I could not stand up without falling down for the first like 10 seconds. I finally balanced myself and managed to get through to the other side of the room, and just as I walked out the doorway a massive block of concrete fell from the ceiling onto the floor right next to me which, had i taken half a second more, would've fallen directly on my head and knocked me out. We huddled under the door frame and I remember looking down the hallway, absolutely pitch black, cups, plates, vases, frames falling onto the floor and shattering into millions of pieces.. the overwhelming clatter and sheer volume of the quake itself, of the building shaking, of the things smashing, and knowing absolutely nothing about what was happening, having never experienced something like that in my life, it was absolutely terrifying and i was utterly shaken to the core, I was only 10, too.. that's probably the most scared I've ever been.
    Crazy 😬😦

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I was 15 and in South Africa on a school trip, we saw a man get stabbed with a broken bottle and left for dead.

Different scary, but at Christmas I tried to trek to Everest base camp and had to be evacuated from the mountains by helicopter because I had HAPO (High altitude pulmonary oedema). I was probably only a few hours away from dying

ReputationRep:
    Name:  52dcba2edcf2086aa554ff2f2f3f8f73.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  8.5 KBChristmas Day 2015, I hadn't been sleeping well over the previous couple of days so decided to have a nap before Christmas Dinner was ready. Got to sleep but "woke up", couldn't move at all but I was conscious. I had sleep paralysis, first time in my life. I look across my bedroom and see the red monster from Insidious walking towards me. I couldn't move my body at all besides my big toe. I couldn't scream for help or wake up properly. I had to endure the Insidious monster literally cms away from my face. I closed my eyes in complete terror and eventually was able to regain movement. May not have been technically real as it was all in my head, but it was truly one of the scariest moments of my life. (Pic is the Insidious monster in my bedroom)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CTLevers)
    Name:  52dcba2edcf2086aa554ff2f2f3f8f73.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  8.5 KBChristmas Day 2015, I hadn't been sleeping well over the previous couple of days so decided to have a nap before Christmas Dinner was ready. Got to sleep but "woke up", couldn't move at all but I was conscious. I had sleep paralysis, first time in my life. I look across my bedroom and see the red monster from Insidious walking towards me. I couldn't move my body at all besides my big toe. I couldn't scream for help or wake up properly. I had to endure the Insidious monster literally cms away from my face. I closed my eyes in complete terror and eventually was able to regain movement. May not have been technically real as it was all in my head, but it was truly one of the scariest moments of my life. (Pic is the Insidious monster in my bedroom)
    I get sleep paralysis a lot and it's bloody terrifying I see horrible words in front of me like "death" "murder" and then sometimes a face just like you described. I get it a couple of times a week now so I'm kinda used to it but it's still scary. My OCD and panic attacks trigger for me I think. I hope this was just an once off you for and you don't have to go through this again :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I get sleep paralysis a lot and it's bloody terrifying I see horrible words in front of me like "death" "murder" and then sometimes a face just like you described. I get it a couple of times a week now so I'm kinda used to it but it's still scary. My OCD and panic attacks trigger for me I think. I hope this was just an once off you for and you don't have to go through this again :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's so horrible. Thank you It must've been terrible trying to get used to it. Do you have any idea what causes it? Luckily that was the only time I've ever experienced sleep paralysis but over the last couple months leading up to exams I had these weird episodes of intense deja vu and images infront of my eyes. Went to Doctors, they tested me for epilepsy but came back negative. They had no idea what it was, luckily since exams have finished I haven't had any Must've been brought on by anxiety.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    First time I had a panic attack. Literally thought I was dying.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.