Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Does anyone know which accomodation is the best whilst studying at MMU? I'm thinking either Birley, Cambridge or Daisybank but i've heard really mixed reviews. If anyone else is thinking of staying here or is studying business then please give me an add on facebook x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenGreaves)
    Hi!
    Does anyone know which accomodation is the best whilst studying at MMU? I'm thinking either Birley, Cambridge or Daisybank but i've heard really mixed reviews. If anyone else is thinking of staying here or is studying business then please give me an add on facebook x
    I can only comment on the Birley as this is where the majority of healthcare students stay (I'm an insurance choice 2016 nursing MMU applicant). Just consider closeness to campus/ your specific building for lectures and seminars (MMU is a little bit all over the place in terms of buildings!) and other factors you consider important like the cost and en-suite facilities etc. Student halls are student halls, they all have their pros and cons i'm afraid. See if you can find any other business applicants if you want to be close to people on your course. This probably wasn't great advice but none-the-less good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L33t)
    I can only comment on the Birley as this is where the majority of healthcare students stay (I'm an insurance choice 2016 nursing MMU applicant). Just consider closeness to campus/ your specific building for lectures and seminars (MMU is a little bit all over the place in terms of buildings!) and other factors you consider important like the cost and en-suite facilities etc. Student halls are student halls, they all have their pros and cons i'm afraid. This probably wasn't great advice but none-the-less good luck!
    Yeah I'm definitely going to look into it more and do some research. Found some good private halls as well called mill point or liberty point which look pretty good x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenGreaves)
    Yeah I'm definitely going to look into it more and do some research. Found some good private halls as well called mill point or liberty point which look pretty good x
    Yeh private halls can be a lot more aesthetically pleasing than the Uni ones lol most of the ones in Manchester are great and sometimes cheaper than what the uni themselves charge!

ReputationRep:
    check some reviews out on student accommodation services who'll give you an idea of what its like living there , I've Used pads for students when finding accommodation , I got a place that was suitable for me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.