Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Me and my boyfriend are moving in together in January 2017. At the minute he's applied for a loan from living with his parents. If we move out can we not somehow reapply and get more money as if he's living away from home or will we have to stick with the original? If we can have more how do we go about getting it starting from the January loan? Thank you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    You can apply for more loanup to 9 months after your course starts.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Rachellb247)
    Me and my boyfriend are moving in together in January 2017. At the minute he's applied for a loan from living with his parents. If we move out can we not somehow reapply and get more money as if he's living away from home or will we have to stick with the original? If we can have more how do we go about getting it starting from the January loan? Thank you
    Hi, As you are both living away from home you will be assessed on the elsewhere rate of maintenance loan which is higher than the parental home rate. If you are under 25, not married and have no dependents any income assessment would remain based on parents household income. Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.