Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've taken two of my holidays at work already so far this year, and have two left. I was ill this weekend and so I wasn't in work, and next week I've got to ask my manager for my last two holidays off in the next few weeks. They are consecutive Saturdays and I'm worried that she'll have a go 'cos I've been off this week ill.

Have any of you been in this situation before?
    I have every right to ask for these holidays, don't I despite the fact that I was ill this weekend?

ReputationRep:
    yeh you do but obv she might be a bit annoyed that you took time off, you can't help being ill, maybe offer to do some overtime or something to make up for it??

ReputationRep:
    Of course you do. You shouldn't feel guilty - you're entitled to them. If you're ill, you're ill. Workers have had the right to take leave on ill health grounds for about a century.

ReputationRep:
    where do you work?

ReputationRep:
    That's what I thought - I was intending to tell her last week, but I was ill so didn't get the chance, but now I'm worried she's going to be annoyed.
    This is really worrying me, though - really stressing me out.

ReputationRep:
    Don't let it stress you out. You couldn't help being ill, and your manager has probably seen/dealt with worse. Could you drop in or phone earlier so she's got more time to organise cover? That would probably help her mood.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.