Turn on thread page Beta

Swimming-will it help? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi ,
    this is probably a realy dumb question but i hope someone can help.

im size 10 but pear shaped... the only part if my body i do not like is my belly ive always had a pot belly with is getting worse im starting to get a little roll:blush: :blush:
    which makes me very consious

so my question is

will swimming help?

I know i should be doing sit ups but i relly hate them and becuase of this im not motivated to do them but i love swimming.

Also had anyone got any diet tips i could follow.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    edit...also love handles? how do u get rid of them

ReputationRep:
    HINT HINT: DIET AND WEIGHT LOSS THREAD, its not like this question hasn't been asked before, but yes, swimming will help.

I know i should be doing sit ups
    Situps don't get rid of beer babies, you'd have to do hundreds if not thousands a day to make a difference. All they do is strengthen your abs, getting rid of a beer baby is all about losing fat.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Swimming will help, but Size 10 is quite small anyway, suppose depends how tall you are.

ReputationRep:
    i havent got a beer bellyas such lol its not that big lol
    . and sit ups tone up the tummy area so surely it would work in some ways chocoholic.

i no size ten is small but my belly sticks out and is really bad at the mo like starting to hang over my jeans a tad. and i just feel argh in my self when i feel my belly eww.

thanks for any advise tho

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh I'm exactly like you, I'm a size 8 but my belly is just urrrgh
    I don't like swimming or situps though, I may just do some general cardio and jogging to lose fat & work on my general fitness.
    I haven't been able to cos of a broken arm which is now healed, thankfully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emo*)
    . and sit ups tone up the tummy area so surely it would work in some ways chocoholic.
    )
    Chocoholic is right here...

ReputationRep:
    Swimming is amazing for fitness, you use a lot of muscles while swimming, and if you swim underwater a fair bit too, you become able to exercise a lot better anaerobically and aerobically. Swim for say, 3 hours a week, and you will become a lot fitter.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.