Turn on thread page Beta

Anon because, well i dont want people to know who i am.

Well basically i have been spending all my time with my family. whether it be my paents, cousins, brother, grand parens or aunts and uncles, i havent been with my friends.

I have finnished my exams, was on study leave and stuff and during those 2 months, i spend every day with my friends revising or just hanging out and i dint get time to spend with my family. So now im spending lot of time with my family and not my friends.

Where i live i have about 10 friends but only about 4 close friends but that is because i live in a small village but we all hang out together and we are all girls. There are no boys our age around us. To see my bect friends i have to go about 6 miles and one now lives 60 miles away.

Also, i feel like have left my friends behind, like im growing up faster than them. Im going to Alton college in september to do 5 A levels. Most of my best friends are either not going to college or going to a different one to do a vocational course and i feel like i have broke away. But they are still grate friends.

I just want to know if you think im doing the right thing in not spending time with my friends. I have a massive family and hardley ever got to see them during the scool weeks and as for my friends, most i idint see much out side of school.

Any advise welcome!

Good luck doing 5 a levels with your appalling spelling...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Ha... and let's hope one of them isn't English Language. There's incorrect use of punctuation and some of it is missing.

ReputationRep:
    That was mean:mad:

All i can say is do what you feel is right and what makes you happy.I know thats not much help but its better you make the decision than other people making it for you.
    Good luck though and congrats on doing 5 A levels.You must be really Intelligent
    Good luck again and i hope all goes well
    From Andy

ReputationRep:
    Make the most of the time you have to see your family, but you kind of have to strike the balance with friends. If this is the last chance you'll have to see many of your friends before you go to different colleges, then try and meet up with them as much as you can. My advice might seem a bit contradictory here, but I don't see why you can't just spend time with both your friends and family.

ReputationRep:
    Anon because, I dont want people to know who I am.

Well basically I have been spending all my time with my family. Whether it be my parents, cousins, brother, grandparents, aunts or uncles, I haven't been with my friends much.

I have finished my exams, and was on study leave and stuff. During those 2 months, I spent everyday with my friends revising or just hanging out and I didn't get time to spend with my family. So now I am spending alot of time with my family and not my friends.

Where I live I have about 10 friends but only 4 close friends, but that is because I live in a small village but we all hang out together and we are all girls. There are no boys our age around us. To see my best friends I have to go about 6 miles and one now lives 60 miles away.

Also, I feel like have left my friends behind, like I am growing up faster than them. I am going to Alton college in september to do 5 A levels. Most of my best friends are either not going to college or going to a different one to do a vocational course and I feel like we have broken apart. But they are still great friends.

I just want to know if you think I am doing the right thing in not spending time with my friends. I have a massive family and hardly ever get to see them during the school weeks and as for my friends, most I didn't see much outside of school.

Any advice welcome!
    After a quick grammar fix, I have to say that it is up to you. If you feel like most of us, that family comes first, then spend time with your family, not too much though, your friends are important as well. Ultimately, it will be your friends who have your back.

ReputationRep:
    Anon because, well i dont want people to know who i am.

Well basically i have been spending all my time with my family. whether it be my paents, cousins, brother, grand parens or aunts and uncles, i havent been with my friends.

I have finnished my exams, was on study leave and stuff and during those 2 months, i spend every day with my friends revising or just hanging out and i dint get time to spend with my family. So now im spending lot of time with my family and not my friends.

Where i live i have about 10 friends but only about 4 close friends but that is because i live in a small village but we all hang out together and we are all girls. There are no boys our age around us. To see my bect friends i have to go about 6 miles and one now lives 60 miles away.

Also, i feel like have left my friends behind, like im growing up faster than them. Im going to Alton college in september to do 5 A levels. Most of my best friends are either not going to college or going to a different one to do a vocational course and i feel like i have broke away. But they are still grate friends.

I just want to know if you think im doing the right thing in not spending time with my friends. I have a massive family and hardley ever got to see them during the scool weeks and as for my friends, most i idint see much out side of school.

Any advise welcome!
    Well you'll , do fine dont worry about it!!

Its not that i dont spend time with my friends, just not much.

Oh, and at college im doing double maths, R.S., psychology and sociology. And yeah i know my spelling and grammer is bad, but i always make more mistakes typing because i do it so fast.

My best mate now lives 60 miles away. Im not too bothered about some of those living within a 10 mile radius ut the people down my road have just got back from france so i havent had chance to spend time with them.

One last thing, i dont consume alchol so it is a bit weird all the time a lot of my friends are out getting pissed most nights.

Oh yeah, most of my cousins are my age, same boat and spend a lot of time togetheranyway. They are more like friends and my friends are friends with them.

I keep in touch with my friends by phone, text and email but they dont live near me. Ther is no train where i live, only one bus and that goes to the college and not my mates houses way.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.