The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
lol.[Desified] its cool.i suppose ur right.but hopefully i have someone in the same flat as well. About the distance...well no.its not too far 2 walk.bt i can be lazy ...quite a few friends of mine from high school and college are going Q.M as well...comforting...even though i am definately looking forword to meeting new people.I guess that's one of the main reasons people go to uni.hey did u go to any of the open days and if so which one? i went on april the 7th i think...[can't remember that far back]

N.B are there any good clubs near by? lol..can't believe no one has asked that yet.or i am i the only who cares? lol :wink:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
SkinnyPuppyBones
Nobody lives in halls in their second year regardless of what uni they got to.

international students do
Reply 62
sylvie27
lol.[Desified] its cool.i suppose ur right.but hopefully i have someone in the same flat as well. About the distance...well no.its not too far 2 walk.bt i can be lazy ...quite a few friends of mine from high school and college are going Q.M as well...comforting...even though i am definitely looking forword to meeting new people.I guess that's one of the main reasons people go to uni.hey did u go to any of the open days and if so which one? i went on april the 7th i think...[can't remember that far back]

N.B are there any good clubs near by? lol..can't believe no one has asked that yet.or i am i the only who cares? lol :wink:

yup I went to the main open day.. think it was a Saturday, can't remember the date! Was quite a few months ago - had a tour around the campus and had a chat with the head of law (I think), then visited my friend at her flat and played pool :biggrin: lol. There must be clubs! I'm sure the main bus outside QM (takes you ilford and I believe central london-ish) you'll be able to get to one!

Also remember that someone will be organising coaches on Thursday's to Oceana in Kingston (Thursday = R&B PhatNights usually with a celebrity) and there might be other opportunities to do so! And theres E1 or whatever its called within the campus
Reply 63
So that's 2 other people doing an LLB in halls...me makes three..anyone else? particularly in France House?
Reply 64
Heyy,

Im in Pooley House, 26D!!

Studying Economics, ne1 else gunna live near me???
Reply 65
~*Emma_Louise*~
I'm gonna be in France House flat 36:smile: Better be worth all the rent I'm gonna be paying haha

OOoo! Sounds like we're gonna be together then! I just found out that I'll be staying at flat 36 in France House too :biggrin:
Reply 66
Bronbon, I'm studying Politics...how about you?

And for whoever is in flat 21 Manard, we'll be next door neighbours, I'm in flat 20!!
Reply 67
DeSiFiEd
lol, I really should stop saying "me me me" :redface:

I suppose everyone doing the same course being in a similar building would make sense... but I'd much rather have a variety of different people so we didn't just end up talking Law throughout breakfast, lunch and dinner! However I've found so far that one of the people in my flat is also doing Law.. future study partner :biggrin:

Its not like theres a particularly large distance to travel between buildings anyway, easy to go meet someone! Seems a mix so far.

Lol, I lived with two other people who studied law so we were like the law geeks hehe, we had loads of geeky discussions!!!

By the way, CLASS OF 2009 TOTALLY RULES!!!!!!!
Reply 68
Ladylaw
So that's 2 other people doing an LLB in halls...me makes three..anyone else? particularly in France House?

I'll be doing LLB Law aswell and will be staying at France House :smile:
Reply 69
*selina*
Heyy,

Im in Pooley House, 26D!!

Studying Economics, ne1 else gunna live near me???

I'm 21 Pooley House.
Reply 70
IBlah
I'll be doing LLB Law aswell and will be staying at France House :smile:

I am in France House as well it all seems so close now.
Reply 71
I am doing the senior status LLB and got France House. From what I've heard this is the best accomm on campus - if so, I really lucked out! So does this mean there is a group of us from the law dept in the same building? Wonder if we're all plunked in the same flat/floor??
Reply 72
well yeah we'll all be close by. what flat are u in?
can i email them and ask which flat i'm in? what's the address coz i cant wait any longer to see who are my flatmates ::p:
And theres E1 or whatever its called within the campus

E1 closed down last summer, its been replaced with a health and fitness centre. There's the new Draper's opening this September though.

Clubs nearby, Fabric, Turnmills are pretty close (Farringdon) and besides, Covent Garden etc are only a short tube/bus away.
Reply 75
IBlah, I'm in flat 3.

For the poster who asked, the intro letter only states the building but the flat & room number are included on the licence agreement.

Is room 3 in the basement? Others seem to be in rooms that are thrity-somethings? I hope mine is on the water side...
Reply 76
minelli
I'm 21 Pooley House.

oooh kl, i may b livin near u then- provided i gt my grades...
Pooley House Flat 48 room A! Any1 near me?
Reply 78
stitch
Bronbon, I'm studying Politics...how about you?

And for whoever is in flat 21 Manard, we'll be next door neighbours, I'm in flat 20!!

Computer science, good luck with politics I dropped that after my first A level lesson! See you in September hopefully. :biggrin:
Maynard House 12F :rolleyes: