Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I am from Istanbul/Turkey and I m holding a postgraduate taught course offer from EE department. There is one thing that I m curious about. My Ielts score will go public tomorrow morning but I m not confident that I m gonna get min 6 from Writing(I think I ll get 5.5) However, I m certain that my overall score will be over 6.5 . Do I still have chance to be accepted to postgraduate study.? Do you guys know any real life example like accepted to uk university with this kind of ielts score?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by dudeeee)
    Hey everyone,

I am from Istanbul/Turkey and I m holding a postgraduate taught course offer from EE department. There is one thing that I m curious about. My Ielts score will go public tomorrow morning but I m not confident that I m gonna get min 6 from Writing(I think I ll get 5.5) However, I m certain that my overall score will be over 6.5 . Do I still have chance to be accepted to postgraduate study.? Do you guys know any real life example like accepted to uk university with this kind of ielts score?
    Hi

We're delighted that you're considering coming to Sheffield for a postgraduate course and we understand that this is a worrying time as you wait for exam results. The guidance from our International Office is that you upload your IELTS certificate for review by the department, even if your scores are below the conditions of your offer. We consider applications on a case-by-case basis so we'll take everything into account when we make our decision.

Best regards

Elizabeth
    UK/EU Recruitment Officer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.