Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone thought they've done really badly in a level but done well?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Any stories?

ReputationRep:
    last year at AS-level i was 100% convinced that i'd got a B in physics because i dropped marks left right and centre in both exams, but when the grade boundaries came out they were lower than they'd ever been and i ended up with an A and 90% ums

hopefully history will repeat itself this year at a-level because i am once again 100% convinced i got a B in physics LOL
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I had. I was very ill during my A2 exams with mental health issues, which resulted in insomnia, anemia, and numerous medication changes (antidepressants and antipsychotics). I was rarely eating or sleeping, and I nearly collapsed a few times in school (and did collapse at home). After finishing my exams I was hospitalised because I was suicidal at that point.

I was honestly convinced that I had failed. I was terrified I was going to have to go through clearing.

Results? AABa. (The B annoys me. One mark off an A).
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Because I got a D in Mechanics for Maths A Level, I thought I would overall get a B in A Level Maths.

Nope, got an A.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    I had. I was very ill during my A2 exams with mental health issues, which resulted in insomnia, anemia, and numerous medication changes (antidepressants and antipsychotics). I was rarely eating or sleeping, and I nearly collapsed a few times in school (and did collapse at home). After finishing my exams I was hospitalised because I was suicidal at that point.

I was honestly convinced that I had failed. I was terrified I was going to have to go through clearing.

Results? AABa. (The B annoys me. One mark off an A).
    wow that's amazing congrats! I hope you're okay now!
    Unfortunately I don't have any AS success stories haha the results were what I expected- hoping for better luck in my A2s!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liz_97)
    Unfortunately I don't have any AS success stories haha the results were what I expected- hoping for better luck in my A2s!
    sames

ReputationRep:
    The step up from GCSE to A Levels is always the hardest. Now that you're in A2, you'll be in full swing and more prepared to deal with the increased pressure, workload etc. Stay positive, work hard and you'll achieve better results than anticipated.

-Matt

ReputationRep:
    I was convinced I'd achieved ACD this year after a few atrocious exams (I'm looking at you PSYA3) and getting E/D in every history mock I did...
    I came out with AAB and a place at a great uni, achieving an A* in the PSYA3 exam I absolutely hated!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I never got this quote. Thanks TSR...

Unfortunately I'm still the same but I didn't fail my first year at uni! I hope your A2 results went well!

ReputationRep:
    I thought I did terrible in Sociology A2 (well, I thought I got a C/D and I would need a B to get me into uni next year) because I answered a question on the last exam completely wrong as well as forgetting the name of so many theorists fml

Open my results and I got an A overall - including, somehow, an A in the exam I thought I messed up lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgelizmera)
    Any stories?
    Thought I had failed English A LEVEL as I DID NOT REVISE ended up with a B in the exam and an A* for coursework.

BUT DO NOT DO THAT YOURSELF. The stress of thinking I had failed was awful

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.