The Student Room Group

Anyone thought they've done really badly in a level but done well??

Any stories?
last year at AS-level i was 100% convinced that i'd got a B in physics because i dropped marks left right and centre in both exams, but when the grade boundaries came out they were lower than they'd ever been and i ended up with an A and 90% ums :smile:

hopefully history will repeat itself this year at a-level because i am once again 100% convinced i got a B in physics LOL
Reply 2
I had. I was very ill during my A2 exams with mental health issues, which resulted in insomnia, anemia, and numerous medication changes (antidepressants and antipsychotics). I was rarely eating or sleeping, and I nearly collapsed a few times in school (and did collapse at home). After finishing my exams I was hospitalised because I was suicidal at that point.

I was honestly convinced that I had failed. I was terrified I was going to have to go through clearing.

Results? AABa. (The B annoys me. One mark off an A).
Because I got a D in Mechanics for Maths A Level, I thought I would overall get a B in A Level Maths.

Nope, got an A.*
Reply 4
Original post by Airmed
I had. I was very ill during my A2 exams with mental health issues, which resulted in insomnia, anemia, and numerous medication changes (antidepressants and antipsychotics). I was rarely eating or sleeping, and I nearly collapsed a few times in school (and did collapse at home). After finishing my exams I was hospitalised because I was suicidal at that point.

I was honestly convinced that I had failed. I was terrified I was going to have to go through clearing.

Results? AABa. (The B annoys me. One mark off an A).

wow that's amazing congrats! I hope you're okay now!
Unfortunately I don't have any AS success stories haha the results were what I expected- hoping for better luck in my A2s!
Original post by Liz_97
Unfortunately I don't have any AS success stories haha the results were what I expected- hoping for better luck in my A2s!

sames :smile:
Original post by Liz_97

The step up from GCSE to A Levels is always the hardest. Now that you're in A2, you'll be in full swing and more prepared to deal with the increased pressure, workload etc. Stay positive, work hard and you'll achieve better results than anticipated.

-Matt
Reply 7
I was convinced I'd achieved ACD this year after a few atrocious exams (I'm looking at you PSYA3) and getting E/D in every history mock I did...
I came out with AAB and a place at a great uni, achieving an A* in the PSYA3 exam I absolutely hated!
Reply 8
Original post by Liz_97

I never got this quote. Thanks TSR...

Unfortunately I'm still the same but I didn't fail my first year at uni! I hope your A2 results went well! :h:
Reply 9
I thought I did terrible in Sociology A2 (well, I thought I got a C/D and I would need a B to get me into uni next year) because I answered a question on the last exam completely wrong as well as forgetting the name of so many theorists fml :frown:

Open my results and I got an A overall - including, somehow, an A in the exam I thought I messed up lmao.
Original post by Georgelizmera
Any stories?

Thought I had failed English A LEVEL as I DID NOT REVISE ended up with a B in the exam and an A* for coursework.

BUT DO NOT DO THAT YOURSELF. The stress of thinking I had failed was awful

Quick Reply

Latest