Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My past experiences during work experience have put me off ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I need a few weeks more, but last time I went some of the staff were soo rude making me look bad in front of the others for ridiculous things.
    Luckily the rest of the staff were okay I suppose.
    Its the only place I can go for experience but I'm terrified of going back ?

ReputationRep:
    If it really is the only place you can go, suck it up and go back, you'll feel a lot better after you've done it and you have it and it's out of the way! People being rude to you says more about them than you, and we can hope that karma will get them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosieGirl)
    If it really is the only place you can go, suck it up and go back, you'll feel a lot better after you've done it and you have it and it's out of the way! People being rude to you says more about them than you, and we can hope that karma will get them.
    Hopefully karma will get them. Just she was so rude like intentionally trying to humiliate me. But I couldn't say anything because she is a popular member of staff

ReputationRep:
    It's really hard in some situations but sometimes (most times) I think we should just call people out when they do things like that. Like say point blank 'are you deliberately trying to humiliate me' and see how they react. If the person very obviously was then calling them on it will most likely embarrass them. Don't let one nasty person get in the way of your career development, that's the most important thing, because the world is full of them. Be resilient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosieGirl)
    It's really hard in some situations but sometimes (most times) I think we should just call people out when they do things like that. Like say point blank 'are you deliberately trying to humiliate me' and see how they react. If the person very obviously was then calling them on it will most likely embarrass them. Don't let one nasty person get in the way of your career development, that's the most important thing, because the world is full of them. Be resilient.
    Thank you. You are soo encouraging <3 xx

The only thing is she'd make out she WASNT trying to humiliate me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im.a.witch)
    Thank you. You are soo encouraging <3 xx

The only thing is she'd make out she WASNT trying to humiliate me
    Then I'd just accept it and use it as an opportunity to let her know you felt it regardless so she and everyone listening knows how you feel about her talking to you like that. Now she knows, if it happens again everyone will know she's doing it on purpose and what kind of person she is. Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.