Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering how long it took for everybody to receive their tenancy agreements back after they filled in their forms?

I've contacted Liberty Living who I sent my form off to and they are saying they can't find my details but that they're probably still in the call centre?

Anybody have any ideas on how long it will take for the call centre to pass on details?

Also the first rent payment of around £1000 is apparently due for me on 25th of August. How am I supposed to pay this if I haven't received any loans/grants etc yet? would i just have to pay from my own money for now?

ReputationRep:
    where is that!? 25th of aug thats bizarre!

ReputationRep:
    this is at Prospect Point for 52 weeks and according to the form first payment is due 25th August.

ReputationRep:
    I havent heard back from them yet, but i think from previously reading the info we will only a few weeks before the tenancy starts. I didnt hear from them for ages after paying the deposit so not thinking they are good at getting back to you quickly.

ReputationRep:
    ah ok thanks for the reply. i've was just wondering so i'd know when to expect things.

ReputationRep:
    am staying in marybone 2 and i have to pay £250 deposit before the 20th august then i move in on the 13th sep which i think is alright.

then i pay my rent out of my loan in three equal instalments.

i cant belive how much some people are paying for there halls
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notblondie)
    Just wondering how long it took for everybody to receive their tenancy agreements back after they filled in their forms?

I've contacted Liberty Living who I sent my form off to and they are saying they can't find my details but that they're probably still in the call centre?

Anybody have any ideas on how long it will take for the call centre to pass on details?

Also the first rent payment of around £1000 is apparently due for me on 25th of August. How am I supposed to pay this if I haven't received any loans/grants etc yet? would i just have to pay from my own money for now?
    Notblondie
    I had a similar problem about moving into Grand Central...they wanted like 1700 quid by 16 August!!! I have been told by my LEA that i wont get my grant until 1 September!!! So I realised what the problem was...when i filled in my form i had ticked the direct debit box to say 3 payments, which is why the amount is so large, when its easier to do it in 8 or 10 payments, bringing the amount i`ll have to pay down to about £500 which I can afford!!!
    Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    if you take the 8/10 month plan beware of the £99 insallment charge!

ReputationRep:
    am stayin in marybone 2 i only have to pay £250 deposit and its only round the corner from grand central why has everyone else got to pay so much deposit?

cos i get broadband and en suite aswell
    xx

ReputationRep:
    25th august are you sure!?!? i aint gona have money by then!

im pretty sure its the 8th september. Ive handed in my tenancy form but I cant remember if ive even heard aynthing?? Im guessin its sorted anyway!

ReputationRep:
    nah 20th august is when av gotta put me deposit in for marybone!! £250!

ReputationRep:
    If you are applying to a university residence i.e Dale, Rankin, Salisbury, McNair... They are kind enough to wait till around oct/nov for first payment. If you are living at Unite, Opal, Cosmo, you will need your money sooner. I had to pay mine for unite one week before I could move in.

If you can't get the money by that date, I suggest you take the letter from the SLC detailing how much money you will be getting as well as a letter from the landlord or even better the tenancy agreement and go to the bank and ask for a temporary overdraft.

ReputationRep:
    In cambridge court the 1st installment is 24th september as stated in the tenancy agreement.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm moving into Grand Central in September, and on the letter I got it said the first installment for the rent will be debited from my account in September - after the loans are expected to come through (the option for 8/10 payments was checked as 'unavailable'). The thing with them giving exact dates is that they nearly never stick to them, I was at a different university last year and they never took the money for accommodation until two weeks after they said.

They want the money first knowing that if, for whatever reason, you don't turn up, the room is still paid for and isn't just "going free" (on the offchance you may move in late too). But they have to be realistic aswell, as students, we're not likely to have £1000+ just sitting in our bank accounts. Most universities are good and take the money once the loans have come through, and if there is a problem and you haven't got yours when you expected it, they can come to an agreement with you.

You have to think, the universities are getting paid for every student they have, and if some drop out because they can't afford the accommodation money being demanded before their student finance comes through, they're set to lose a lot more money than waiting a few days/weeks.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

Fresh Student Living

Fresh Student Living

Fresh provide student accommodation across the country in a number of locations.

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.