Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My ex is lovely but has a few issues. He has called me by his ex girlfriends name in bed (getting intimate (a bit tmi, I know)) but it really hurt me so that kind of put me off our relationship but we stayed together for a couple more months afterwards. However, he says that he hasn't spoken to her in 10 months but then the next day, he receives a text message from her. He also hides his phone at all times and never lets me on it. But I let him on mine all the time.
    He gets upset when I talk to my friends that are guys, even though the majority of his friends are girls.
    He also has a couple old fashioned views but I'm trying to get him to be more open minded but he hasn't changed much 😔

Tldr; my ex has some faults but everybody is not perfect.
    Should I get back with him or no?

Edit: I appreciate the advice, thank you so much, I don't think I will get back with him but he keeps messaging me to get back together and I don't know how to get him to understand. I've told him no but he wants to meet up. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neighbelline)
    My ex is lovely but has a few issues. He has called me by his ex girlfriends name in bed (getting intimate (a bit tmi, I know)) but it really hurt me so that kind of put me off our relationship but we stayed together for a couple more months afterwards. However, he says that he hasn't spoken to her in 10 months but then the next day, he receives a text message from her. He also hides his phone at all times and never lets me on it. But I let him on mine all the time.
    He gets upset when I talk to my friends that are guys, even though the majority of his friends are girls.
    He also has a couple old fashioned views but I'm trying to get him to be more open minded but he hasn't changed much 😔

Tldr; my ex has some faults but everybody is not perfect.
    Should I get back with him or no?
    No, close minded people are red lights all over.

i've recently broke up with my 'bf'... i put that in commas because he'd never address me as that even after over a year. Calling you a different name in bed would definitely put me off! although it never happened to me he did call me a different girls name in casual conversation once. The not showing you his phone is also shady imo... if you've done nothing wrong what has he got to hide?! Not that overly jealous gfs are acceptable, but these are red flags that i've felt in my relationship also.

and a week after we ended he's adding other people and all over tinder, so my gut instinct about him i believe was right. If theres something wrong in your gut about him, listen to it, its usually a good indicator.

ReputationRep:
    The answer is always never ever. Ever.

ReputationRep:
    Short answer: no

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.