Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'll be taking Psychology and Biology at A Level this year but I'm not sure if I need to take Maths as well to study Psychology at uni. Can anyone help?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You need A/B in math GCSE i think, and some require it at a level but a good amount dont.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by charlottep_)
    I'll be taking Psychology and Biology at A Level this year but I'm not sure if I need to take Maths as well to study Psychology at uni. Can anyone help?
    As LifeIsFine has said; generally all universities require at A Level is a science subject (you've covered this by taking Psychology and Biology) but require a minimum of a B in GCSE Maths (Oxford require an A*/A; Durham require a B; MMU require a C) So I'd advise looking at the entry requirements of the universities you're wanting to apply to as they can vary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    As LifeIsFine has said; generally all universities require at A Level is a science subject (you've covered this by taking Psychology and Biology) but require a minimum of a B in GCSE Maths (Oxford require an A*/A; Durham require a B; MMU require a C) So I'd advise looking at the entry requirements of the universities you're wanting to apply to as they can vary
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlottep_)
    It would help with the statistics aspect of the course. Though they'll teach you everything you need from scratch, or they'll give you extra maths work to study for (if it's a particularly mathsy course).

Wouldn't hurt to take it as an AS then drop it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.