Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I spilt some water on my galaxy s5, and some of the water went into the charging port but not a lot. The phone still works perfectly fine however the phone takes so long to charge e.g. It took 45 minutes to charge 3%! The LDI stickers are white, what do I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by do the sturridge)
    So I spilt some water on my galaxy s5, and some of the water went into the charging port but not a lot. The phone still works perfectly fine however the phone takes so long to charge e.g. It took 45 minutes to charge 3%! The LDI stickers are white, what do I do?
    Water in the charging port killed my Galaxy S5 unfortunately. If it happened very recently then it might be fine once it's dried out.

ReputationRep:
    Put your phone in some rice to dry it thoroughly. Then just wait and hope it starts charging properly.

[QUOTE=Tempest II;66886888]Water in the charging port killed my Galaxy S5 unfortunately. If it happened very recently then it might be fine once it's dried out.[/QUOTE
    It happened about an hour ago, the phone still works normally which is a good sign I guess, I'm just praying it dries out

(Original post by MoshBosh)
    Put your phone in some rice to dry it thoroughly. Then just wait and hope it starts charging properly.
    I'll try that now, if I don't have rice any alternatives?

ReputationRep:
    Rice is great at absorbing water, not too sure if there are any other substances which can replicate it tbh. Try google

(Original post by MoshBosh)
    Rice is great at absorbing water, not too sure if there are any other substances which can replicate it tbh. Try google
    Ok so i found some rice, it happened about 2 hours ago will it still be okay? And how long do I leave it in for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by do the sturridge)
    Ok so i found some rice, it happened about 2 hours ago will it still be okay? And how long do I leave it in for
    Leave for at least over night. Also I'd suggest placing a dehumidifier near the phone as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    Water in the charging port killed my Galaxy S5 unfortunately. If it happened very recently then it might be fine once it's dried out.
    That or bin

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.