Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Due to a whole mishap with this new edexcel specification one of my options is to do further maths in a year. Ive done C1 C2 and M1 already and for AS further maths im planning to do FP1 S1 and D1. For A2 im thinking FP2 S2 and D2. Is that doable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lana348)
    Due to a whole mishap with this new edexcel specification one of my options is to do further maths in a year. Ive done C1 C2 and M1 already and for AS further maths im planning to do FP1 S1 and D1. For A2 im thinking FP2 S2 and D2. Is that doable?
    Hi I am also a further maths student who finished AS. I did exactly the same modules as you but via the AQA exam board. Tbh I think we should wait until results day. If you get over 80 UMS across your Further Maths I would suggest taking it to A2 as you will build on the same skills learnt in these modules. You would probably guaranteed a minimum of a B at A2 if you work harder than you did at A2.

ReputationRep:
    I havent done the further maths AS. Sorry if i wasnt clear, what i mean is is it possible to do both AS and A2 in a year
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Sure it is, more so if you don't have other subjects to worry about. Though keep in mind that FM has a broader range of content so it's really up to you how well you do AS and A2 within a year.

ReputationRep:
    You have to be really really good at Maths and dedicate almost your whole academic year to studying.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely doable, if you are a high A grade in maths most of the time you should be fine. If you actually enjoy maths it won't seem like much work but if you find parts boring/difficult I'd recommend against it and instead focus on other subjects or perhaps only do the AS in further maths.
    If you're taking physics I'd advise taking mechanics modules (if you found M1 alright), there's a lot of overlap between the two and they make each other easier to do so it feels like less work.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I havent done the further maths AS. Sorry if i wasnt clear, what i mean is is it possible to do both AS and A2 in a year
    Whether it is allowed or not, I do not know (due to the reforms) but I would hope so.

Your option choices look good but don't forget about your A2 maths applied module!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.