Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I sent off for my student loan for my first year in uni 2 days before they deadline. Apart from them sending back my birth certificate i havent heard anything from the LEA.

Is this the same for everyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluffysheep2000)
    I sent off for my student loan for my first year in uni 2 days before they deadline. Apart from them sending back my birth certificate i havent heard anything from the LEA.

They have only sent me letters to say they are processing my application. I phoned them up yesterday to find out what was going on and they said i was third in the pile and i should get my loan next week. . You sent yours in late so your be at the bottom of the pile. Sorry. Gonna have to wait. Phone them to see what is happening.

ReputationRep:

I had to phone my LEA. They said that, due to increased numbers of applicants and a decreased number of employees in the LEAs, they have a backlog of applications to get through. Having said that, if you've got a good reason to hurry your application along, they may well do that. They did in my case, processing it in the same day as my request.

ReputationRep:

Nothing at all unusual considering the time that you left it until to send in your application.

Be patient, you'll start recieving some more stuff in the next couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:

I sent off my form 35 days after the deadline. I got a letter from them this morning, telling me my ART number.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I sent mine off way before the deadline and only received stuff yesterday

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I only gave mine in yesterday....my sister usually sends hers off mid-August and still gets the money in time for uni!

ReputationRep:
    sent my loan stuff off earlier today, does that mean I will get my loan late? Wasn't intentional being late, my mum had trouble finding my birth certificate.

ReputationRep:
    I sent my forms off absolutely ages ago (possibly march) because i was going for non-income assessed. Yet although receiving my ART id, i have heard nothing else. I haven't even had my passport returned and i'm off on holiday in a month!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janon)
    sent my loan stuff off earlier today, does that mean I will get my loan late? Wasn't intentional being late, my mum had trouble finding my birth certificate.
    The official response should be that "there is no guarentee that you will recieve your first loan payment for the start of your course" - not to say that it hasn't been unknown for people who sent forms off late to get loans on time, and sometimes decisions on amounts / tuition etc quickly, but the SLC can make no guarentees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perdurabo)
    I sent my forms off absolutely ages ago (possibly march) because i was going for non-income assessed. Yet although receiving my ART id, i have heard nothing else. I haven't even had my passport returned and i'm off on holiday in a month!

I'd certainly be tempted to ring your LEA to ensure that a) They have your passport still (!) and b) If they have, that they know that there is an urgent need for it back.

Ring them tomorrow (Friday, today for the pendants) morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    I'd certainly be tempted to ring your LEA to ensure that a) They have your passport still (!) and b) If they have, that they know that there is an urgent need for it back.

Ring them tomorrow (Friday, today for the pendants) morning.
    Yeah i was thinking of doing that soon (I'm kinda lazy). Only problem being i've lost my art id. I phoned the student loans guys and they asked me a bunch of security questions that I will only ever be allowed to answer once in my lifetime and if i get one wrong then i cant phone again. They treated me like a complete criminal! I was like "I don't care! There's not going to be much chance of me not knowing my own personal details!" Anyway, after all of that they told me i should call my LEA! Waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perdurabo)
    Yeah i was thinking of doing that soon (I'm kinda lazy). Only problem being i've lost my art id. I phoned the student loans guys and they asked me a bunch of security questions that I will only ever be allowed to answer once in my lifetime and if i get one wrong then i cant phone again. They treated me like a complete criminal! I was like "I don't care! There's not going to be much chance of me not knowing my own personal details!" Anyway, after all of that they told me i should call my LEA! Waste of time.
    Ask them to send a letter to your address. The new letter will have your ART number on it.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.