Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I will be studying at nottingham trent uni and living in halls next month, I am so confused when it comes to freshers.. can anybody explain to me if i should be booking my tickets for events now because I am seeing events which are sold out? I don't know anyone that will be living in my halls until i move in on the 26th and obviously freshers starts soon after that so i dont know if i should be booking tickets now in the hope ill be going to the same events as people i will be living with or if i should wait until i am moved in? help me someone

ReputationRep:
    The move in day is on the 23rd, which is when freshers starts.
    Also, join NTU Facebook groups. We have loads of chats for different halls and subjects and such. That way you will know which events people are going to and such
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by callum1912)
    I will be studying at nottingham trent uni and living in halls next month, I am so confused when it comes to freshers.. can anybody explain to me if i should be booking my tickets for events now because I am seeing events which are sold out? I don't know anyone that will be living in my halls until i move in on the 26th and obviously freshers starts soon after that so i dont know if i should be booking tickets now in the hope ill be going to the same events as people i will be living with or if i should wait until i am moved in? help me someone
    Hi callum1912,

Please don't panic about Freshers! A lot of the events you will be seeing on Facebook will not be our official events, and you have to remember it's still before results day, so a lot of students will not be buying tickets for events if they are not 100% sure they have got in yet!

For our official events, very very few of the events are ticketed (for example, we do ticketed events on daily excursions to IKEA/Alton towers etc which we have done in previous years). However our evening club nights, Freshers Fair, Saturday Antics, you only need to be wearing your Freshers Wristband (which you receive once you enrol).

I hope this helps, and if you have any questions just give me a shout!

Thanks,

Ellen

ReputationRep:
    Hi if your looking for student Accomdation then please contact me on 07552964585

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.