The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yes, they usually do if it's a narrow miss, as long as it isn't Oxbridge (and even they've been known to) Some Unis will take you with enormous misses. I've heard of people getting AAB offers and still going with ACD.

EDIT: Seen this is Dentistry, so they'll be a LOT less lenient. Why do you think you'll miss it, though?
Reply 2
because i think i messed up my biology exam, maybe its just me stressing but i REALLY dont think i got my AAB for kings, and i know they give out much more offers than places anyway so im panicking lol
i got 6 6 4 for my IB exam and barts is asking for 6 6 5.. still havent heard anything from them
Reply 4
i think u will have to wait till the a level results are published before they decide on your ib results
yeah, so i heard, tx anyway
mb23
Sorry if this has already been asked, but what if u miss your offer is there any chance the uni might still take you on??

Depends on the offer and your circumstances.

For example, if you are made an AAB offer and get AAC or ABB, then they are most likely to not accept you as you will have not emt the terms of the offer.
They only way they may accept you if you missed the offer would be if either you missed by one or two marks, were seriously ill during the examinations or suffered a bereavement, or were very impressive at interview in which case the medical school wants to keep a hold of you. However even if you were ill, a medical school may well ask you to resit the subject and take up your place next year, or defer your entry for a year (Liverpool have done this before). The only way you may be accepted if you miss the grades depends on how many people put down X dental school as their first choice and how many other people meet/miss their offers.

Anyways, come August all this worrying will have been useless and hopefully you'll have got your grades and can look forward to starting at dental school come september/october.
heay guys.

as my signature reads, the admission office has emailed me last monday saying that they still want me as i did ok for bio n chem papers. but my friend at barts said that they are quite lenient to international students as they make more money with us. this kinda hurt my feelings;

1. as i got something that i dont really deserve
2. as i feel that i was accepted juz bcoz of money! that is soo cheap! :tongue:

but that's what my friend said. i dont really care. my goal is to be a successful dental student and a dentist in the future. u'll wait and see! haha! :biggrin:

Latest