Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Student finance have just told me I am only entitled to a reduced amount of maintenance loan. They said because its unpaid but not in a hospital or prison I cant get any more even though it is through the erasure + scheme.
    They said I cannot get a grant because I get the above.
    It seems I am worse off going abroad than staying home studying.

Can anyone help please
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlemissboop)
    Hi, Student finance have just told me I am only entitled to a reduced amount of maintenance loan. They said because its unpaid but not in a hospital or prison I cant get any more even though it is through the erasure + scheme.
    They said I cannot get a grant because I get the above.
    It seems I am worse off going abroad than staying home studying.

Can anyone help please
    Hi,

I would advise that you pop into The Hub in the main building and have a chat with our staff. they should be able to give you some advice in relation possible funding routes for international study.

Best of luck
    Josh*

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Just a note to say that I did get it checked with Aston having been told twice and having it reassessed that I was not entitled to anymore.

Aston says that there has been a huge mix up this year with loads not getting their entitlement. Can this be put up on Aston's website because it took me loads of searching and looking and reading and I know that some people may not even question this.

I'm so glad I did, please recheck yours, whatever uni your at as the problem is with Student finance.

Thank you, please pass on and share

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.