Turn on thread page Beta

Blackpool watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Going to Blackpool on Friday for a week! Anyone recommend any good places to visit whilst up there?

ReputationRep:
    the tower thing?

ReputationRep:
    I fear tall things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    the tower thing?
    yeh the tower...........and the rides of course!

ReputationRep:
    The Piers?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    The road out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steerpike1985)
    Going to Blackpool on Friday for a week! Anyone recommend any good places to visit whilst up there?
    You have to go on the Big One! It is incredible!!

ReputationRep:
    I fear tall things.
    the shops!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    The road out...
    None of that negative talk thank you! You'll put me off...At least it was very cheap (£50 each for 8 people in a house for a week)

ReputationRep:
    None of that negative talk thank you! You'll put me off...At least it was very cheap (£50 each for 8 people in a house for a week)
    50 quid! really.....that's so cheap!

ReputationRep:
    I fear tall things.
    swim in the sea then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    50 quid! really.....that's so cheap!
    Yeap, the plane up there is costing 50 quid as well so all in all, a very bargainous holiday!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I fear tall things.
    The tower circus is good

and if the sandcastle is still going it was always pretty ok as "fun pools" go.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester or Liverpool. The only good thing about Blackpool is not as bad as Morcombe.

ReputationRep:
    If you go in the tower you don't actually have to go up it. There is an aquarium in the basement part (real turtles!) and then the ballroom above.

I remember there was some kind of big water park (indoors) with a pool and lots of slides. Is it called the sandcastle? that was fun when it was bad weather anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you go to 'funny girls'. It's a quality cross-dressing cabaret bar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    swim in the sea then
    If you value your skin, DO NOT SWIM IN THE SEA. It's not called 'Black' pool without a reason.

(The reason being, the sea is black. I'll leave you to guess why)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mighty)
    If you value your skin, DO NOT SWIM IN THE SEA. It's not called 'Black' pool without a reason.

(The reason being, the sea is black. I'll leave you to guess why)
    Dont listen to him, the sea just got a colured flag which means its good blakcpool is good for dsrunkessnss (like me just now ) ill regret this post in the mornung but wtf yeh so come to blackpool, call me up and I may meeet youIf i cba

Love revelation.

ReputationRep:
    Pasaje Del Terror if you've not yet been, its just outside the pleasure beach. Though i heard freddy was replaced by a clown recently.:confused::eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revelation)
    Dont listen to him, the sea just got a colured flag which means its good blakcpool is good for dsrunkessnss (like me just now ) ill regret this post in the mornung but wtf yeh so come to blackpool, call me up and I may meeet youIf i cba

Love revelation.
    As much as I hate the tackyness of Blackpool and find it rougher than a rough innercity, I can say that the beach is in fact clean.

All the North sea's water is a grey colour because of the under lying rocks, in Cornwall or spain the rocks underneath the sea are lighter coloured so on a sunny blue skyed day the sky reflects on it producing blue sea. If a sea is not blue it dosn't mean its not clean.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.