Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Going to Blackpool on Friday for a week! Anyone recommend any good places to visit whilst up there?

ReputationRep:
    the tower thing?

ReputationRep:
    I fear tall things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    the tower thing?
    yeh the tower...........and the rides of course!

ReputationRep:
    The Piers?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    The road out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steerpike1985)
    Going to Blackpool on Friday for a week! Anyone recommend any good places to visit whilst up there?
    You have to go on the Big One! It is incredible!!

ReputationRep:
    I fear tall things.
    the shops!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    The road out...
    None of that negative talk thank you! You'll put me off...At least it was very cheap (£50 each for 8 people in a house for a week)

ReputationRep:
    None of that negative talk thank you! You'll put me off...At least it was very cheap (£50 each for 8 people in a house for a week)
    50 quid! really.....that's so cheap!

ReputationRep:
    I fear tall things.
    swim in the sea then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    50 quid! really.....that's so cheap!
    Yeap, the plane up there is costing 50 quid as well so all in all, a very bargainous holiday!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I fear tall things.
    The tower circus is good

and if the sandcastle is still going it was always pretty ok as "fun pools" go.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester or Liverpool. The only good thing about Blackpool is not as bad as Morcombe.

ReputationRep:
    If you go in the tower you don't actually have to go up it. There is an aquarium in the basement part (real turtles!) and then the ballroom above.

I remember there was some kind of big water park (indoors) with a pool and lots of slides. Is it called the sandcastle? that was fun when it was bad weather anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you go to 'funny girls'. It's a quality cross-dressing cabaret bar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    swim in the sea then
    If you value your skin, DO NOT SWIM IN THE SEA. It's not called 'Black' pool without a reason.

(The reason being, the sea is black. I'll leave you to guess why)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mighty)
    If you value your skin, DO NOT SWIM IN THE SEA. It's not called 'Black' pool without a reason.

(The reason being, the sea is black. I'll leave you to guess why)
    Dont listen to him, the sea just got a colured flag which means its good blakcpool is good for dsrunkessnss (like me just now ) ill regret this post in the mornung but wtf yeh so come to blackpool, call me up and I may meeet youIf i cba

Love revelation.

ReputationRep:
    Pasaje Del Terror if you've not yet been, its just outside the pleasure beach. Though i heard freddy was replaced by a clown recently.:confused::eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revelation)
    Dont listen to him, the sea just got a colured flag which means its good blakcpool is good for dsrunkessnss (like me just now ) ill regret this post in the mornung but wtf yeh so come to blackpool, call me up and I may meeet youIf i cba

Love revelation.
    As much as I hate the tackyness of Blackpool and find it rougher than a rough innercity, I can say that the beach is in fact clean.

All the North sea's water is a grey colour because of the under lying rocks, in Cornwall or spain the rocks underneath the sea are lighter coloured so on a sunny blue skyed day the sky reflects on it producing blue sea. If a sea is not blue it dosn't mean its not clean.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2004
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.