im going into year 11 what do i expect Watch

alixwebb2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am going into year 11 and I will be starting my GSCE what shall I expect when I return to school? and I am not very good when it comes to exams what shall I do to over come that ?
romansholiday
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by alixwebb2)
I am going into year 11 and I will be starting my GSCE what shall I expect when I return to school? and I am not very good when it comes to exams what shall I do to over come that ?
First half term is like Year 10, but after the first half term (between October half term and Christmas) it really steps up. You'll have mocks which I highly recommend you try your best for, because this could impact grade predictions down the line.

I don't really remember the time between Christmas and Easter but during and after Easter it's just revision revision revision. When exams start it a chaotic time, and you'll look forward to weekend and holidays because it is literally hard to get through a week and you are emotionally and physically tired.

If I can make it through Year 11, you can, trust me. I was throwing up before my first exam, soooo nervous you wouldn't believe. But one thing I wish I knew is that the majority of people revise the night before the real exam lmaoooo. It is literally completely normal to do this at GCSE level. However, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS. You'll find yourself cramming to midnight the night before, and waking up early trying to cram in something extra, it's a mess
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
pretty much like year 10 but then after christmas you'll be absolutely exhausted
AceOfSpade
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hell,pure hell

Naaaa.. I'm joking somewhat. But pretty much more of the same as yr10 wasting time, procrastinating. However after Christmas you start getting more stressed but overall you will be fine just try and complete all your coursework to a VERY high standard and do lots of past papers. Good luck!!!
glowanti
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
up until mocks it was just like year 10, then a few months of boring long coursework, and then suddenly everyone starts working super hard, and then you all leave and never speak again
leopard923
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by alixwebb2)
Things seem like year 10 at the beginning until you are a few months in and there is loads of coursework to do. That part of the year isn't usually difficult- its very tedious and quite tiring.

When you approach Easter, teachers really pressure you to revise and it becomes really draining as others have said and you have barely any spare time (especially if you're like me and are doing art lol).

Manage your time and the year will be fine though, you will feel happy once you have worked to your best and have a long holiday.

In answer to your other question, work on past papers and time yourself while doing them so your used to the pressure of answering question under pressure. Don't over revise on the day of the exam as you will make yourself more nervous. Since your year group does not have coursework, you can focus entirely on revision so do some small bursts of revision across the year. I listened to music before the exam as it really calmed me down- maybe it will work for you!
Best of luck for next year!
MersennePrime
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The only thing you can expect from year 11 is arriving home to see a large pot of beef stew on the stove.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (240)
66.3%
No (122)
33.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed