English Literature pre 2000 and post 2000 novel comparison help

Watch
Scarllett
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm starting my year 13 coursework in September, and we have to compare any two novels, with one being written before 2000 and one after. I was thinking of doing Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier, but I am struggling to find anything to compare it to that was written after 2000.... Does anybody have any ideas or any other pairings that I could do? I'm really desperate for any suggestions!
giella
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Scarllett)
I'm starting my year 13 coursework in September, and we have to compare any two novels, with one being written before 2000 and one after. I was thinking of doing Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier, but I am struggling to find anything to compare it to that was written after 2000.... Does anybody have any ideas or any other pairings that I could do? I'm really desperate for any suggestions!
The other Boleyn girl might suit the themes of jealousy and so forth. The Lovely Bones might also be an interesting one to look at with Rebecca as you've got the theme of secrets.

Depends really what you're interested in looking at in Rebecca. **
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (280)
56.57%
I don't have everything I need (215)
43.43%

Watched Threads