Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can't get enough of the stuff. Anyone else out there share a passion for raw fishy stuff?

ReputationRep:
    ermmm ... not quite so enthusiastic about it as you seem, but yes - i'm a fan :p:

although i only seem to like the sushi that my dad makes as opposed to the shop bought stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I love it!!! I miss it too. In Aus, you can just go pick up a hand roll or two for lunch - fresh and cheap too! MMMM

ReputationRep:
    Can't eat handrolls as I'm wearing braces. I love Ebi (prawn) Nigiri though.

Sashimi is great too!

Vegetable sushi =love. I really want some now dammit

ReputationRep:
    Meeeeeeee!! it's my favourite food by far.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely awesome! Can't get enough of the stuff!

ReputationRep:
    I was 'introduced' to sushi a few months ago. So yummie! There's a place in town, where on a Saturday afternoon, 4.30ish, all the sushi is discounted, so you can get 2 packs of it for $5

I got some with a friend one day but it was too cold to eat it outside, so we ate it in a supermarket because it was warm inside-that was funny!

ReputationRep:
    And don't forget the wasabi!

ReputationRep:
    Ive tried it at an expensive Japaneese restaurant, but want my boyfriend to try some and can't afford to go there.. is there anywhere decent in most cities that i could introduce him to it? I know Pret a Manger do it... but is it wise to try it there? Also Marks and Spencers do it... but again is it a good idea for his first experience to be from a place like that? Or is it all much of a muchness!? (haven't used that phrase in a while!!)

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm sushi is definatly one of my favorite foods, i crave it so often!!

I love making my own sushi too its so little effort and you end up with a ton of sushi!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely one of my favourite foods. In fact, I'm gonna give making my own sushi a bash tonight I'm just researching it now - and then I'm off to buy the freshest of fishies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidders)
    Ive tried it at an expensive Japaneese restaurant, but want my boyfriend to try some and can't afford to go there.. is there anywhere decent in most cities that i could introduce him to it? I know Pret a Manger do it... but is it wise to try it there? Also Marks and Spencers do it... but again is it a good idea for his first experience to be from a place like that? Or is it all much of a muchness!? (haven't used that phrase in a while!!)
    Try "Yo! Sushi"

ReputationRep:
    Well actually I went to quite an expensive Japanese restaraunt the other day in Manchester and thought the food was excellent (I had sushi and sashimi) but I thought it was pretty much on the same level as Yo Sushi in terms of quality of the food. Although to be fair, you don't have a Teppanyaki at Yo Sushi.

ReputationRep:
    i kinda like it, i had it when i went to japan! i didnt really like the stuff i had at my host families house.. but some of the other stuff we tryed while there was ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Regend)
    Try "Yo! Sushi"
    I wanna go to the one in Selfridges sometime, it looks delicious. Then a Krispy Kreme for dessert :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yo Sushi! is pretty... odd.

But yeah, I like sushi

ReputationRep:
    why odd?

ReputationRep:
    I want to marry a japanese girl. Sushi everyday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moniker)
    why odd?
    The different bowl prices freak me out :afraid:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.