Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else want to claim refugee status after Brexit watch

ReputationRep:
    Since the UK's economy will go down the drain within a few years leading to the UK eventually becoming the new somalia I want to get out as soon as possible. Do you reckon I'll be able to claim refugee status in the EU to escape the oppression of the crazy Brexiteers?

ReputationRep:
    You'd be tossed out on you arse from any Embassy/Consulate you tried that in...

ReputationRep:
    Stop panicking and stop being rude.

Many people voted Brexit because we wanted sovereignty, we didnt feel financially secure in the EU, living standards have decreased in the UK, wages have decreased, low business or job investments, we wanted to regain control of our fishing, regain control of our laws and there is no control on immigration.

How dare you? The UK's economy has already gone down the drain in the EU. Especially for the average working class. Please stop and think about the country as a whole, rather than yourself.

If you want to leave and go somewhere else, you can. But leave Brexiters alone, and let the people of UK enjoy the sovereignty and freedom which they've been waiting for over 40 years.

ReputationRep:
    A Britain full of Brexiteers that believe in their country would be a beautiful place indeed.

I think your plan will work - convince all your friends too! ;D
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ironic username?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    Since the UK's economy will go down the drain within a few years leading to the UK eventually becoming the new somalia I want to get out as soon as possible. Do you reckon I'll be able to claim refugee status in the EU to escape the oppression of the crazy Brexiteers?
    Of course you will. With hate crime surging by 6000000%, I have absolutely no doubt an EU country will accept your asylum application.

ReputationRep:
    If you're leaving, take any salty lefties you know with you and get going. We on the other hand will enjoy a time free of EU red tape, EU regulations and of course, Sovereignty. By the way, I don't recommend migrating to places such as Spain, France or Italy as they could be the next to leave the failed EU dictatorship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeAD2)
    If you're leaving, take any salty lefties you know with you and get going. We on the other hand will enjoy a time free of EU red tape, EU regulations and of course, Sovereignty. By the way, I don't recommend migrating to places such as Spain, France or Italy as they could be the next to leave the failed EU dictatorship.
    Shame you'll get a recession that will make the credit crunch look minor

ReputationRep:
    Are people like you seriously still making rubbish jokes about Brexit? If you were serious about it then actually do something to leave and claim your asylum status rather than come to TSR looking for attention or maybe fresh material for that 'Brexit voters are idiots' joke book.

Surprised you haven't thrown in an 'old people shouldn't be allowed to vote' mentality already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    You'd be tossed out on you arse from any Embassy/Consulate you tried that in...
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am waiting for Monaco to offer free supercar, free money, free mansion and free yacht and then i will most likely sail there. Its risky yo but free stuff *Sorry* (fleeing from persecution due to brexitaphobia) make it neccesary

ReputationRep:
    A recession? Please, the FTSE 100 and the FTSE 250 are in incredibly good shape after the Brexit vote plus many countries such as the BRICs, Japan, the common wealth nations and the US all want to open trade deals with us. We will be free from EU red tape which will save the economy millions. Besides, if you're going to escape recession, I highly recommend not claiming asylum in the EU.

ReputationRep:
    Your bait is off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeAD2)
    A recession? Please, the FTSE 100 and the FTSE 250 are in incredibly good shape after the Brexit vote plus many countries such as the BRICs, Japan, the common wealth nations and the US all want to open trade deals with us. We will be free from EU red tape which will save the economy millions. Besides, if you're going to escape recession, I highly recommend not claiming asylum in the EU.
    The stock markets aren't great barometers of the economy as the FSTE 100 benefits from weak sterling and also the BoE has £250bn to support the markets. If all was fine and dandy, why are we facing further cuts in interest rates and an expansion of QE? Also, a lot of this red tape will not disappear, especially if we want to continue to trade with the Single Market. I'm sure you will be able to rattle off some absurd directives that have come from the EU but the majority are useful and are essential to make sure we are not ripped off by substandard products and have better rights than perhaps without the EU. It is also unlikely that trade deals will be as favourable as being part of the single market as this would entail being part of an organisation like the one we voted to leave.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Of course, we're already seeing economic stagnation at the beat, all sectors collapsing, murder and rape before our very eyes, and mass terrorism; oh, sorry, thought we were talking about the eurozone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Close the door on your way out of our newly free EU free country and take all those complaining, Green Party supporting, deluded lefties with you.

ReputationRep:
    i smell far-lefty

ReputationRep:
    Oh deary me. You're having a laugh right? In fact, I think this thread and the OP is damn right insulting to people who actually are in need of Refugee status from displacement of war etc. I think you should apologise OP.

Or is it because you know you're not good enough to move to another country the proper way through citizenship?

Btw - I voted to remain before you start running your mouth at me.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.