The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Science Grade Boundary Predictions - June 2016

AVERAGE FOR A* & A (2013 - 2015) + PREDICTIONS FOR THIS YEAR

B1: 46, 37 --> lower, around 42 for an A* and 34 for an A
B2: 44, 37 --> about the same as average
B3: 42, 38 --> similar to average once again

C1: 48, 39 --> higher, around the 50 mark for an A*, 43 for an A
C2: 48, 38 --> same/similar to C1
C3: 44, 39 --> about the same as average, or maybe 2 marks higher (triple is mostly lower than other 2)

P1: 46, 37 --> similar to average
P2: 44, 36 --> lower, 40 for A*, 33 for an A (just because I don't think AQA are that nice )
P3: 44, 39 --> similar to P2

What does everyone else think? :h:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Awesome thread! :smile:

Thanks & well done! :smile:
Original post by sulaimanali
Awesome thread! :smile:

Thanks & well done! :smile:

Thank you aha and no problem :tongue:
:smile:
Original post by surina16
AVERAGE FOR A* & A (2013 - 2015) + PREDICTIONS FOR THIS YEAR

B1: 46, 37 --> lower, around 42 for an A* and 34 for an A
B2: 44, 37 --> about the same as average
B3: 42, 38 --> similar to average once again

C1: 48, 39 --> higher, around the 50 mark for an A*, 43 for an A
C2: 48, 38 --> same/similar to C1
C3: 44, 39 --> about the same as average, or maybe 2 marks higher (triple is mostly lower than other 2)

P1: 46, 37 --> similar to average
P2: 44, 36 --> lower, 40 for A*, 33 for an A (just because I don't think AQA are that nice )
P3: 44, 39 --> similar to P2

What does everyone else think? :h:

Praying for low B1 grade boundaries and might have a chance of an A :smile: Also, B2 wasn't great for me despite having literally the most preparation out of all of the units:biggrin:

Thanks for this thread!
My predictions for the A* boundary for AQA Triple Science:

B1: 43,
B2: 44
B3: 47

C1: 48
C2: 51
C3: 46

P1: 46
P2: 38
P3: 42
Reply 6
Good to see p2 so low because that was my worst exam. Great thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by romansholiday
Praying for low B1 grade boundaries and might have a chance of an A :smile: Also, B2 wasn't great for me despite having literally the most preparation out of all of the units:biggrin:

Thanks for this thread!

I hope they're low too - considering there was so much outrage over the paper I think they may be :smile: Yeah none of the Biology papers were amazing for me either but I think Bio is just my worst science (even though I'm taking it next year :redface:)

No problem :tongue:
Original post by Fin135
Good to see p2 so low because that was my worst exam. Great thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah my worst ones were P2/P3 (they kinda merged in my memory :lol:) and B1 :redface: I think physics ones should be really low because they're usually the lowest anyway and this was so much harder than the previous years'. :colonhash:
Reply 9
Original post by surina16
I hope they're low too - considering there was so much outrage over the paper I think they may be :smile: Yeah none of the Biology papers were amazing for me either but I think Bio is just my worst science (even though I'm taking it next year :redface:)

No problem :tongue:

Thank youuuuuuuuuuu!!! And yes the biology paper was awful and they look nationally so if a majority did not do well then hopefully they should lower the grade boundaries fingers crossed! Also, good luck for taking it next year - I too am taking it for A levels next year xx Thank you again xxx
If those were the boundaries I'd cry tears of joy! I'm glad everyone found the exams similar to how I felt!:h:
So do you guys think that the 2015 C1 paper was as easy at this years C1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with the P2 Physics Grade Boundaries, I believe they shall be the same as last year, but oh well that's just me.
Original post by Bulletzone
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with the P2 Physics Grade Boundaries, I believe they shall be the same as last year, but oh well that's just me.

I didn't find P2 overly difficult tbh, but P3 was horrific. I had no idea what the f was going on in that exam...
I didn't find P2 overly difficult tbh, but P3 was horrific. I had no idea what the f was going on in that exam...

Looking back on the papers, P2 was more difficult than P3 imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

P3 made me wanna die. I looked twice at most of the questions :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheAnon121
Looking back on the papers, P2 was more difficult than P3 imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

tbh I can't really remember P2 that well... what were some of the questions that were difficult? I remember looking at some of the questions like wtf and some of the calcs were unnecessarily difficult... have any aqa markschemes/papers leaked yet?
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
P3 made me wanna die. I looked twice at most of the questions :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

it was probably my worst exam but I really don't care for Physics so I'm strangely not worried about it:biggrin:
it was probably my worst exam but I really don't care for Physics so I'm strangely not worried about it:biggrin:

Nor me, but I bet it knocked my overall grade down

Posted from TSR Mobile
ACTUAL:

B1: 49, 40
B2: 45, 36
B3: 41, 36

C1: 51, 42
C2: 51, 42
C3: 44, 39

P1: 46, 37
P2: 46, 37
P3: 36, 31