Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This place is so good. You can pick up a litre bottle of lemon vodka for 200 roubles which is £4. 1 litle of vodka for £4. Needless to say we had a good time.

Anyone else been to Russia?

ReputationRep:
    What part of Russia did you go to?

ReputationRep:
    Ive been to Poland, which is basically russia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    This place is so good. You can pick up a litre bottle of lemon vodka for 200 roubles which is £4. 1 litle of vodka for £4. Needless to say we had a good time.

nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    :rolleyes: yeah sure
    u in cyprus now yea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steerpike1985)
    What part of Russia did you go to?
    Moscow and St. Petersburg.

ReputationRep:
    It's where my dad lives [if he's not in the Ukraine]. I like it there. Esp. for the vodka...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    :rolleyes: yeah sure
    u in cyprus now yea?
    no

ReputationRep:
    no
    oh yes the other way around.....sorry wrong narb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)

Lemon vodka? Never tried that - whats it like (and don't say like lemon). My favorate is Toffee Vodka.

This is turning into a convo about vodka rather than Russia now. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It was quite nice, not sure if it beats regular vodka. There was also red hot chilli vodka, and vodka with an assortment of berries that I didn't try. I'm not sure about some of them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)

Did you play on the roulette tables?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Did you play on the roulette tables?
    We were going to, but some guards started gathering and walking towards us when we displayed an interest. I guess it's illegal to gamble there at 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    We were going to, but some guards started gathering and walking towards us when we displayed an interest. I guess it's illegal to gamble there at 16.
    Eek! Mutha russia!

ReputationRep:
    Also in the Kremlin you aren't allowed to walk on the roads... if you do the guard blow whistles at you then start walking towards you with bats! There were these clueless Americans that managed almost to cross the road and sit on the grass, they would have been so dead. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Also in the Kremlin you aren't allowed to walk on the roads... if you do the guard blow whistles at you then start walking towards you with bats! There were these clueless Americans that managed almost to cross the road and sit on the grass, they would have been so dead. lol
    Muvva Russia. So was it cold then? Did the vast majority of people you met have surnames ending in ...lovic?

ReputationRep:
    hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Muvva Russia. So was it cold then? Did the vast majority of people you met have surnames ending in ...lovic?
    No it was really hot. In St. Petersburg there was no sunset because it was so far from the equator. Not that nice when you're trying to sleep and you get lots of light at 2:00am in the morning. Also another funny thing was the water, which came from the cleanest lake in Europe. Well, thanks to the old pipework, by the time it came to out taps there was a dangerous parasite in it so we were brushing our teeth with mineral water.

Also there was this yellow stain on our sink that I can only guess came from elaving the tap dripping overnight.

ReputationRep:
    Yep I went a few years ago. They wouldn't let me take my baloon into Lennin's tomb :rolleyes: Really loved the country though, want to go back soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    :rolleyes: Really loved the country though, want to go back soon.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.