Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter


    My aunty has accused myself, my mother and sister of physically assaulting her. This resulted in us being interviewed. I know it was her husband even though I didn't see it.
    Its so distressful when your falsely accused. I told in my interview that I was on the phone to the police during the incident (my uncle/brother cousin) were fighting and getting hurt. I said they might have been a minute or two difference till the police arrived but I am 99.9% I was still on the phone. I told them to check the call.
    I will have to go to court with my family. I hope the judge sees through her lies but I'm still scared. I am also worried that will the arrest show up on enhanced crb. I feel like it would be unfair because I am not a violent person, far from it actually.
    Is there anything I could do about her lying? I've been so stressed and upset that I don't even feel like revising for the exams I missed (because of this incident).

    Have you been charged with anything by the police? An arrest does not mean that you have been charged. To be honest if the police take actions and do bring you to court then they will most likely have some type of evidence. Contact a legal adviser and speak to them. It will never hurt. Also, was the interview a volunteering interview or where you arrested?

    The best thing you can do is simple tell the truth and contact a legal adviser who will represent you. Don't take things into your own hands, people educate themselves in this areas to be there to help you. You will really have to decide if you want this incident to effect your exams. Do not use it as an excuse please... try your best.

    On the other hand, if this does go to court and you are proven not guilty I would personally again contact a legal adviser and see the chances on getting something done about the alarm and harassment caused to yourself.

    I wish you all the best! Do keep us updated

    I am not a legal adviser, do not take anything I say as a legal advise!
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.