London! Watch

curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Okay, so I'm heading out to london in a week, and for the first time it'll be just me and my brother. We've already seen most of the "traditional" sights, ie: big ben, and the tower of london, and most of the museums (my parents are museum freaks) etc. etc. where is all the cool night life? and what do you do for fun in your city (if anything) that is rather specific to the area?
Jossyboy45
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ask the cab drivers to take you to Soho's finest clubs.
NW8_SW1_EC3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Head into the City for decent bars and perhaps check out some of the big well known clubs i.e. Fabric, SEone Club or KOKO. Camden Town is a good experiance.
Hop-along
Report 11 years ago
Go toTrafalgur square and get cheap tickets for the theatre also check out camdem,
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yup check out the theatres, look for cheap tickets online before you go. Head over to camden for a day or two. Same for Brick lane/east london. Greenwich is decent to walk around too
Maria26
Report 11 years ago
I'm going to London too for the first time July 28th for 3 weeks...I'm kinda scared because this is he first time and I'll be alone and all...
Sparkly-student
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Head to Notting Hill Gate on the tube and spend a morning at Portebello Road market, it's fab!
djk_99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Portobello market is awesome, take lots of money though! Camden Market is also good.
Leicester Square is the place to go for cheap(er) theatre tickets, although they are still mostly £25 or over. Went to see Wicked on the weekend though, it was really good!
There's also some good museums which aren't the mainstream ones (like the Clink Prison Museum, it's between the Tate Modern and Borough market).
x_muso_x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
go have lunch in Covent Garden
Check out museums etc - British Museum, Natural History Museum and so on
Soak in the atmosphere at Leicester Square, maybe take in a film - check out Capital Radio
Go shopping down Oxford Street and Piccadilly Circus - book a show, if you can't afford it, have a walk down Shaftesbury Avenue and take a look at all the amazing theatres
HYDE PARK! Go on the pedalos and visit the Diana fountain - when it's sunny of course, now THAT'S a great day out
London Aquarium, London Eye, London Zoo, Kew Gardens etc

ok, a bit overexcited... I'll let you know if I think of anything else...
Yellowmarshmellow
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by x_muso_x)
go have lunch in Covent Garden
Check out museums etc - British Museum, Natural History Museum and so on
Soak in the atmosphere at Leicester Square, maybe take in a film - check out Capital Radio
Go shopping down Oxford Street and Piccadilly Circus - book a show, if you can't afford it, have a walk down Shaftesbury Avenue and take a look at all the amazing theatres
HYDE PARK! Go on the pedalos and visit the Diana fountain - when it's sunny of course, now THAT'S a great day out
London Aquarium, London Eye, London Zoo, Kew Gardens etc

ok, a bit overexcited... I'll let you know if I think of anything else...
Agreed *looks forward to the weekend*
garethDT
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you like indian food go to Brick Lane (they say it's in East London but really it's only a 10 min walk from Liverpool street station). It's a street made up entirely of indian restaurants so they're very competitive and offer you discounts plus the quality of the food is very good as well.

and btw there really is nothing to worry about for those going to London on their own, as long as you stay in the centre of the city it's pretty safe and the underground gets you where you want to go. What annoys me about the city is the prices, a couple of months ago I paid £5 for a single vodka&red bull in a pub/club in soho!
gooseymcgoose
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£5 for a vodka redbull is absolutely nothing :| I think I'd expect to pay a tenner for that! Shows how twisted my price expectations are after living here.
garethDT
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
a tenner for one?!:eek: you must be talking about the exclusive guestlist clubs right?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (120)
41.81%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (90)
31.36%
I don't have an opinion (77)
26.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise