UK Visa question Watch

Phoenix Wright
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I'm applying as a postgraduate for a Study Visa in the UK. I have all the documents except one: "copies of any relevant diplomas or educational certificates which you hold." Does this just mean a photocopy or does it have to be notarized? Or will my transcript saying my BA was conferred be sufficient? I'd ask the UK High Commission, but they outsource their questions to a 1-900 number which charges 3 bucks a minute so I figured I'd ask here first to see if anyone had a definite answer.

Thanks, all!

--Phoenix
shady lane
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You need an official transcript from your university.
Phoenix Wright
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Okay, thanks! That's much easier to obtain than a notarized copy of my degree.
sarbruis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Phoenix Wright)
I'd ask the UK High Commission, but they outsource their questions to a 1-900 number which charges 3 bucks a minute
WHY do they do that? I can't understand it. If you fill out the e-mail questionnaire form, it takes more than a week to get an answer back. If one pays $220 for a Visa, I think one deserves to be able to get some timely answers to critical questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1377)
79.5%
Leave (355)
20.5%

Watched Threads