Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a 22 year old female and I have more hand, arm and leg hair than my brothers ffs.

My hands are the biggest problem as it is so visible. The hairs are black and cover my entire hands and fingers . I really want to look into a more lasting method such as laser because I'm sick of it growing back fully after 1 week. does anyone have any experience w laser?

This week I shaved my legs for the first time in years (I never show them) and the hairs were so long. The stubble on my legs starts showing and growing back the next morning!

I'm just concerned because my entire thighs are also covered in hair, in fact my whole body is! Even my toes and feet!

At this stage I can afford laser and I don't want to be this way when I'm married. I'd like to be hairless on my hands and arms especially. My arms get SO hairy and it grows back thick and spikey.

Can someone please give me advice?
    I feel like my excessive body hair is abnormal. Should I see my GP about it? It's so embarrassing though ugh.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Are you Asian? Asians tend to be quite hairy but if you are concerned you should really go to see your GP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a 22 year old female and I have more hand, arm and leg hair than my brothers ffs.

My hands are the biggest problem as it is so visible. The hairs are black and cover my entire hands and fingers . I really want to look into a more lasting method such as laser because I'm sick of it growing back fully after 1 week. does anyone have any experience w laser?

This week I shaved my legs for the first time in years (I never show them) and the hairs were so long. The stubble on my legs starts showing and growing back the next morning!

I'm just concerned because my entire thighs are also covered in hair, in fact my whole body is! Even my toes and feet!

At this stage I can afford laser and I don't want to be this way when I'm married. I'd like to be hairless on my hands and arms especially. My arms get SO hairy and it grows back thick and spikey.

Can someone please give me advice?
    I feel like my excessive body hair is abnormal. Should I see my GP about it? It's so embarrassing though ugh.
    What's your ethnic background? If you're Asian/ middle eastern, it's quite normal to be very hairy, individuals from those groups have darker hairs so it's all more obvious as well. Do you have irregular periods as well? Might be worth going to the GP just to make sure you don't have PCOS.
    Wax wax wax, the more you do it, the less and fine the hairs will get over time. Maybe teach yourself how to thread and you can thread your whole face as well- will be very cheap!
    If you do Laser, please don't do it with Harley Medical Group. I did mine with them for the side of my face, and after the 7th session the hairs came back SO much stronger than they were before laser and were like a dark stubble it was awful. They were so unhelpful and rude
    Me as well when I went back to complain about it. So I started laser treatment in a local independent salon in my town and the results of that have been much better

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.