Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone read this? Just started it having given up on Sushi For Beginners

It seems to be getting off to a good start. It's about a woman who is trying to find herself after having intentionally gone missing. She is obsessed with finding everything she loses because a girl her age went missing when she was 10 and was never found.

ReputationRep:
    I just bought this today so will be reading it this weekend. I am a big fan of hers and will tell you what i think later on in the week

ReputationRep:
    Im absolutely loving it so far. It's got a touch of the fantasy genre but just the right amount. Self-discovery is a big theme in it.

ReputationRep:
    I bought this book today, I've almost finished one of her other books called PS I Love You which is amazing. I love her style of writing so i though i'd give her newest book a shot =] I read the 1st page in the shop to see if it started as good as the other one and it definately looks like a good read i can't wait to start it xx

ReputationRep:
    I just started readingthis now. Im only upto chapter 3. I would recommend Where Rainbow's End. That is my favourite book by here. PS I love you is brilliant but WRE is even better. I have also read If You Could See Me Now - that was interesting but nowhere near as good as the other two.

ReputationRep:
    I've almost finished one of her other books called PS I Love You which is amazing.
    i love that book, i even sat on a train station for 2 hours reading it too engrossed i didn't relalise my train was cancelled!! lol

ive hear its being made into a film!!! should in interesting but the book was amazing!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god PS I Love You the film would be amazing, it's such a great story, parts of it actually brought tears to my eyes but thats just because i'm stupidly soppy. I came across PS I Love You in a shop and i thought i'd give it a go i'm so glad i did because it's one of the best books i've read. I've been looking at getting her other books, i'll definately get Where Rainbows End next x

ReputationRep:
    that sounsds interesting, got any links to reviews?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0431308/ *squeals* the film is out on the 21st of December

Sorry i'll shoosh about the film now :P I found some reviews of the books:
    This is kinda the backround info for PS I Love You http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS,_I_Love_You
    There are some reviews on here http://www.amazon.co.uk/PS-Love-You-.../dp/0007165005

And this gives reviews for A Place Called Here, although a lot of the reviews aren't that good :/ - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Place-Called...348049-4750069

xx

ReputationRep:
    I do want to see the film, but the films are never as good as the books. plus its all american actors and american places - whereas the book is Irish. I just don't want the film to spoil the book because it's fantastic lol

ReputationRep:
    I was actually thinking that when i saw the cast who are playing the characters. I think one of the nicest things about the book is the fact that it's set in Ireland and isn't like the typical American stories. I hope they don't ruin it too much, i guess i'll have to wait and see =] x

ReputationRep:
    I finished A Place Called Here and as a result of it being so great I'm halfway through If You Could See Me Now.

I love the way the blurb makes you think it's going to be about a girl meeting a guy, him turning her life around but then it's so much more than that

Im gonna try Where Rainbows End next I think. I work at a library on a Saturday so I have easy access to a lot of them lol.

ReputationRep:
    I read it about 2 years ago i think it was when it came out (why she doesnt get much publicity, i don't know, cos she's a brilliant writer *my copy has a black cover with gold flowers i think it is, unlike the new hot pink one) and i have to say i liked it, but nothing for me could ever top PS, I love you. I wasnt as big a fan of if you could see me now, at first, but it's growing on me..

ReputationRep:
    Ive never read any of Celia Ahern's books but they sound quite good, can anyone recommend which i should read first?

ReputationRep:
    Aw wow, I just finished If You Could See Me Now and it had the best ending

Im about to start PS I love you and then see where I go from there

ReputationRep:
    I've read all her books but I think her first one, P.s. I love you, was the best. It was so sad but funny at the same time, and whenever I'm feeling down I reread it. I also liked If You Could See Me Now,which was really sweet. A Place Called Here isn't bad, but definately read her other books if you can. I can't wait for the film of P.S. I love you, but i heard it's got Hillary Swank playing Holly?!?

ReputationRep:
    Love Cecilia Ahern. Finished P.S. I love you, so once I finish Harry Potter will start another one of her books. Had me sitting there giggling on holiday with everyone around staring at me lol, but at other points had me feeling sad. Brill book though, definately recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I started reading Where Rainbows End and I'd actually read it before. I need to get the harry potter book but I think at the co-op garage they're selling it for a tenner so might go there

ReputationRep:
    I think she's a great author. Took me a while to get into some of her books though. I especially loved 'A Place Called Here', and got into it so much I was lying in the bath for hours reading it.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.