Has anyone had that moment when...

Watch
Samii123
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
you've realised that in essence, you are just a brain controlling a body.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Samii123)
never, though I dunno, can you really say that someone is a brain? :hmmmm: and do emotions really come from the heart or your brain then? :lol:
username2387497
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Nope!
And at times, im not even in control of my brain!
Not at all worrying!
Blargh!
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I can't even control my own brain, so what does that make me
Warrior Gene
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Nop but I do feel sometimes like my body is like a dress I am wearing and the real me is in some other form (spirit).
Radisson Blue
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Samii123)
yes, there are moments sometimes when I look at myself in the mirror and I feel like nausea, because yeah I guess I realise all I am really is a just a brain floating in a carbon based shell, and I feel a sense of total alienation to my own body
UWS
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Unless you think with your penis, like myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hamoody
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Has anyone had that moment when they suddenly realize they are wasting precious hours/minutes/seconds/milliseconds/nanoseconds??? :hmmm:
Serine Soul
Badges: 18
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SeanFM)
never, though I dunno, can you really say that someone is a brain? :hmmmm: and do emotions really come from the heart or your brain then? :lol:
Emotions are a result of hormones and neurotransmitters, and their release is controlled by the brain

All your heart does is pump blood around your body accordingly. Emotion doesn't come from the heart
Protoxylic
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Have you ever thought that you have to teach your own brain how it works. Or is that the brain teaching itself?
Kevin De Bruyne
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Serine Soul)
Emotions are a result of hormones and neurotransmitters, and their release is controlled by the brain

All your heart does is pump blood around your body accordingly. Emotion doesn't come from the heart
I have to ask myself why I asked that when I knew the answer :facepalm2: but not to that level of detail, so well done
Pinkberry_y
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
It's weird when I start thinking about how a brain gets the whole body to move, walk, dance, feel and run, when you take the brain out of the body it just sits there and does nothing extraordinary.
Liam0324
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Has anyone ever thought about the fact that the brain named itself?! :confused:
Samii123
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
It's funny when we talk about the brain because it's our brains making us talk about themselves, narcissistic A-holes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.69%
Note taking apps (7)
1.86%
Flashcards (86)
22.81%
Revision guides (19)
5.04%
Past papers (172)
45.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.98%

Watched Threads