Re-Mark Requests (AQA) Watch

This discussion is closed.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by EddieB)
Yes. If these were your AS modules, then there is no rush. The final deadline for the exam boards to receive these requests is 20th September (not sure about WJEC though). However, your school/college has to get the paperwork to them by then, so they may suggest a deadline a week earlier.

Unfortunately, I have no idea when the results of these come back. A rumour has it that they come back by mid October. I don't know when one has to submit a resit application either for January, but bear in mind that you could always resit it in June the year after if you didn't get it in in time.
Ah right. Yes I am doing AS's so that makes me feel better. Unless it costs an atrocious amount to have it remarked with OCR? I better check...does the school ever pay?
EddieB
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Ah right. Yes I am doing AS's so that makes me feel better. Unless it costs an atrocious amount to have it remarked with OCR? I better check...does the school ever pay?
£21.40 per paper with OCR. The school might pay if they thought you were really hard done by and you can prove, somehow, that you have no money to pay for it. Also, some teachers take it as quite a slur on their teaching ability, and may pay for remarks themselves to improve their grades - usually only if you were predicted a grade much higher than what you got.
Falguni
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil)
I'm not sure whether I should get my A2 exam re-marked. I got a B for AS-level Media and a D for A2 - although, I was 2 points from a C.

I'll be 20 in December and spending yet another year in the Sixth Form doing retakes doesn't sound too appealing. I was accepted by my first choice university, but I really want that C!

I'm worried that if I apply for a remark, my grade will go DOWN. Also, my university says that they want to see the certificates. Anyway, I can't retake or appeal an exam unless I deny my certficate.

Decisions decisions.
i doubt that your grade will go down too an e that would be like losing 50 pts, even if you lost points you would still have a d. i you really think that you could have done better than go for it.
Falguni
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Wouldn't it be weird trying to contact him now? I hope I can leave it till going back to school Ah well, I'm in a really bad class you see...everyone got C's and D's and they probably deserve it. I got a B and I'm 4 marks away from an A which could change a lot and put me at peace. Hmmm!! Decisions decisions!!!

Thanks btw
i too was four marks away from an a in my chemistry alevel, i am getting my papers remarked though i will have to pay for it as my school does not have the budget for these things (edexcel btw)
EddieB
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Falguni)
i too was four marks away from an a in my chemistry alevel, i am getting my papers remarked though i will have to pay for it as my school does not have the budget for these things (edexcel btw)
A disturbing amount of remarks appear to be with Edexcel. I would argue that the fiascos of last year are a long way from being sorted out.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (134)
27.29%
No (357)
72.71%

Watched Threads