Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not trying to be lazy but may someone give me a definition for zionism and if they regard it as racist, discuss if you want to

ReputationRep:
    "Zionism, the national movement for the return of the Jewish people to their homeland and the resumption of Jewish sovereignty in the Land of Israel, advocated, from its inception, tangible as well as spiritual aims. Jews of all persuasions, left and right, religious and secular, joined to form the Zionist movement and worked together toward these goals. Disagreements led to rifts, but ultimately, the common goal of a Jewish state in its ancient homeland was attained. The term "Zionism" was coined in 1890 by Nathan Birnbaum."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    "Zionism, the national movement for the return of the Jewish people to their homeland and the resumption of Jewish sovereignty in the Land of Israel, advocated, from its inception, tangible as well as spiritual aims. Jews of all persuasions, left and right, religious and secular, joined to form the Zionist movement and worked together toward these goals. Disagreements led to rifts, but ultimately, the common goal of a Jewish state in its ancient homeland was attained. The term "Zionism" was coined in 1890 by Nathan Birnbaum."
    How can you have a secular Jew since Jewdaism is a religion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    I dunno, that's not my definition, i found it on a website. I was only answering hotnanoo's request

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    Judaism is not only a religion but also a race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    It can refer to a social group as well, I think. Two hundred years ago, say, secular Jews couldn't be labeled 'Israeli'.

It's spelt Judaism, by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Incidently orthodox jews are vehemently anti-zionist.

ReputationRep:
    Zionism is very racist...it was founded by theodore hertzl and if you wanna find out about how schocking it is...look up the 'the protocols of the elders of zion'. You'll find out all about their aims, laws etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Incidently orthodox jews are vehemently anti-zionist.
    why if you don't mind me asking, who are orthodox jews, how do their beliefs differentiate from other jews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    Zionism is very racist...it was founded by theodore hertzl and if you wanna find out about how schocking it is...look up the 'the protocols of the elders of zion'. You'll find out all about their aims, laws etc.
    Thanks i'v started searching on this and it is alarming, these people were alarmingly worse than the BNP or the National Front,
    They seem to be looking for and ethnic cleansing of Yertz Israel (if that makes sence) and restoring it to the jews.
    Quite influential thought? weren't they and apparenlty zionism was defined by a UN general assembly resoltion to be racist ( i'll try to gwet the actual UN resolution number to back this up).

One further point how can Israel really call its self democratic, if its run by mostly zionists and 90% of state owned land (land grabbing) is given to the JNF, jewish national front , whose aims are to give land only to jews, even if arab israelis are living on it, They cannot work on that land because they are arabs. Seems like institutional racism but blatant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotnanoo)
    why if you don't mind me asking, who are orthodox jews, how do their beliefs differentiate from other jews
    The belief that there should be a state of Israel is not intrinsically linked to the Jewish religion. There are several jewish groups who consider the Israeli state to be an abomination. There are several sites dedicated to such organisations, i cant find them all right now because im at work but the following are two of them.

http://www.nkusa.org/
    http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/

ReputationRep:
    The belief that there should be a state of Israel is not intrinsically linked to the Jewish religion. There are several jewish groups who consider the Israeli state to be an abomination. There are several sites dedicated to such organisations, i cant find them all right now because im at work but the following are two of them.

cheers

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionism

its a pretty good entry, it should be unbiased, it has lots of links and a picture of a woman with nice legs

i haven't read all of it yet

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually glad somebody brought this up - finally I think I know what Zionism is! I was puzzled before!

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/ can be edited by anyone to say anything they want it to say, not exactly what i`d call an unbiased source.

Zionism was all about getting israel started way back in the old days, but since the 50s, zionism is and has been being used as a means to form a one govt world, and thanks to cowards like france and england, it is going to happen. Liberals cant understand that jews think you are nothing more than cattle and were put here to serve them hand and foot. Jews want the entire world population to become mulattoes in order to further their own race as a "pure and rightous" race. They plan on some day ruling every country in the world, and just do your homework ppl, they are working on it as we speak.

Zionism is evil, and a zionist is the devil.

ReputationRep:

Orthodox jews are also much stricter in their beliefs like eating kosher etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiLiberal)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/ can be edited by anyone to say anything they want it to say, not exactly what i`d call an unbiased source.

Zionism was all about getting israel started way back in the old days, but since the 50s, zionism is and has been being used as a means to form a one govt world, and thanks to cowards like france and england, it is going to happen. Liberals cant understand that jews think you are nothing more than cattle and were put here to serve them hand and foot. Jews want the entire world population to become mulattoes in order to further their own race as a "pure and rightous" race. They plan on some day ruling every country in the world, and just do your homework ppl, they are working on it as we speak.

Zionism is evil, and a zionist is the devil.
    Will you please give it a rest. Nobody wants to hear your anti-semetic views, and dont even dare deny that you are anti-semetic. I am so tired of hearing it. Just shut it for once :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Will you please give it a rest. Nobody wants to hear your anti-semetic views, and dont even dare deny that you are anti-semetic. I am so tired of hearing it. Just shut it for once :mad:
    I`m only anti-semitic toward the jews bent on world domination, there are mostly good jews, but you yourself know the ones i speak of and you know deep down that they are doing things that only serve to hurt the jews as a whole. I guess its like the old saying goes, those who fail to learn from the past, are doomed to repeat it.

And i will never stop telling the truth, no matter how much you name call and harass me. Keep on giving me negreps, that means that what i say is true and has hit the jewish nerve.

When jews remove their mafia from world govts i will cease to propound their misdeeds, but until then, i will shout from the rooftops of whats taking place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    no no no, the protocols of zion are considered to be faked by an overwhelmingly vast majority of scholars. man i thought this was widely known, i didnt imagine people still considered it a true account any time after the early decades of the twentieth century!!!

This was NOT written by any so called 'elders of zion' or jewish conspiracy describing their plans for world domination. please do not read it and think this is a political tract written by zionists for zionists.

actually, instead of fake, my lecturer suggests it would be better to speak of the pamphlet as "pseudo-epigrapha".

For an account of why scholars so overwhelmingly refute this as evidence of a jewish plot please compare the tract to the pamphlet "Dialogues in Hell Between Machiavelli and Montesquieu", published by French satirist Maurice Joly in 1864 who was incidentally not a Jew.

also i would suggest researching the history of the pamphlet from a place like http://www.brainyencyclopedia.com/en...s_of_zion.html

or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protoco...Elders_of_Zion

or indeed read the huge number of books on this subject.

man thats scary there are so many people that think this is true!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Orthodox jews are also much stricter in their beliefs like eating kosher etc.
    And?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.